[spectre] tactical media seminar in vilnius

Inke Arns inke.arns at snafu.de
Mon Mar 19 12:21:46 CET 2007

>http://www.balsas.cc/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=192
>
>The second session of VMS (Vilnius Media
>Seminar) has taken place in Vilnius Art Academy
>on 19th of February (2007). The topic this time
>was "Strategies of tactical media: noise makes
>sense".  At first during the seminar the
>tactical media as a concept was presented and
>then the significance of tactical media in
>Eastern Europe was discussed. The key speakers
>were Alexei Krivolap [BY] and Benjamin Cope [UK,
>PL]. The moderation was held by Vytautas
>Michelkevicius. At the moment we are publishing
>audio files and pictures from the seminar and in
>a meanwhile we are going to publish the
>presentations as a working papers here as well.

One remark/footnote: Oleg Kireev has just
published a great book in Russian about Tactical
Media ("Povarennaya kniga media-aktivista" - "The
cookbook of the media activist", Ultra Kultura,
Ekatarinburg 2006).

>There were around 30 participants in this
>seminar. Alexei Krivolap presented the situation
>of tactical media in Ukraine and Belarus. He
>screened two tactical media pieces: the serial
>from Belarus "Web-master & Margarita" which is a
>remake of very popular russian soap opera
>"Master & Margarita" and tactical media pieces
>from Ukraine - "Funny Egs".

"Master i Margerita" is also the title of a great
novel by Mikhail Bulgakov - it belongs to the
best pieces of writing about Stalinism I know ;-)
Bulgakov completed it in the 1930s, but it was
only published in the Soviet Union in 1966 (well,
a censored version)

Many greetings,
Inke

--

Dr. Inke Arns
Künstlerische Leiterin / Artistic Director
inke.arns at hmkv.de
www.hmkv.de
www.inkearns.de
www.whatismodernart.de