[spectre] tactical media seminar in vilnius

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 19 10:04:24 CET 2007

http://www.balsas.cc/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=192

The second session of VMS (Vilnius Media Seminar) has taken place in
Vilnius Art Academy on 19th of February (2007). The topic this time was
"Strategies of tactical media: noise makes sense".  At first during the
seminar the tactical media as a concept was presented and then the
significance of tactical media in Eastern Europe was discussed. The key
speakers were Alexei Krivolap [BY] and Benjamin Cope [UK, PL]. The
moderation was held by Vytautas Michelkevicius. At the moment we are
publishing audio files and pictures from the seminar and in a meanwhile
we are going to publish the presentations as a working papers here as
well.

There were around 30 participants in this seminar. Alexei Krivolap
presented the situation of tactical media in Ukraine and Belarus. He
screened two tactical media pieces: the serial from Belarus "Web-master
& Margarita" which is a remake of very popular russian soap opera
"Master & Margarita" and tactical media pieces from Ukraine - "Funny
Egs".
Benjamin Cope has presented his experience in making radio shows to
Polish radio stations. His experiences in travelling all around the
country and interviewing local people without having good polish skills
was very much of the tactical nature. You can listen to these
presentations and discussion here.