[spectre] a terrible day

info at madatac.es info at madatac.es
Fri Feb 25 10:32:16 CET 2022

I completely agree with Andreas.

To support Russia and the tyrant Putin of the Ukrainian genocide is
equal to support Hitler or Stalin actions and massive murders.

Any doubt who is the real aggressor and criminal on this tragedy means
siding with the murderers of the innocent Ukrainian people

NATO must intervene now to stop this bloody bath to help suffering
Ukrainian population.

On behalf of Ukrainian citizens, I would like to ask for the
#internationalSupport [1]:

We ask to lobby for a No-Fly Zone over #Ukraine [2]. This practice was
used in Libya in 2011 when #NATO [3] suspended all flights over the
country's territory. This measure should be introduced to protect
Ukrainian civilians from Russian jets, drones, and missiles.

We ask to lobby for devastating sanctions on Russia, including a #SWIFT
[4] cut-off, embargo on the import of Russian oil and gas, freezing of
Russian state assets abroad, closing ports and airports for Russian
ships and planes. To stop the war, the world needs to introduce
sanctions with immediate effects. Every day of delay means the death of
innocent people.

We ask to completely #block [5] Russian state media in your countries.
They spread lies and poison your countrymen and countrywomen.
We ask you not to allow a naval blockade of Ukraine, since it will
jeopardise not only the Ukrainian economy but also the food security of
many countries.

We ask to condemn the aggression on all and any diplomatic platform, in
any international organisation.

We ask for financial and humanitarian assistance, weapons, and equipment
for Ukraine. For a list of organisations you can donate to click here.

For those who ask: "Why does Ukraine matter?"

This is why Ukraine matters.

It is the second largest country by area in Europe by area and has a
population
of over 40 million - more than Poland.

Ukraine ranks:
1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore
reserves;
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores
(2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22
trillion cubic meters)
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)

Ukraine is an important agricultural country:

1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's
volume);
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley
exports;
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;
5th largest rye producer in the world;
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);
8th place in the world in wheat exports;
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;
16th place in the world in cheese exports.

Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.

Ukraine is an important industrialised country:

1st in Europe in ammonia production;
Europe's 2nd's and the world's 4th largest natural gas pipeline system;
3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed
capacity of nuclear power plants;
3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network
length (21,700 km);
3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of
locators and locating equipment;
3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world;
4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers;
4th place in the world in clay exports
4th place in the world in titanium exports
8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates;
9th place in the world in exports of defence industry products;
10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons).

Ukraine matters. That is why its independence is important to the rest
of the world.

Iury Lech
MADATAC Director /Transdisciplinar artist

El 2022-02-25 10:13, Andreas Broeckmann escribió:Dear Mathias,

I hesitate because this argument will change nothing, and more
knowledgeable people are making it more elegantly elsewhere, I hope.
But I want to shortly respond to your claim that "NATO is not
completely innocent of what is going on". From my point of view, this
is only true if you regard the Russian claims for its "security" as
legitimate and (I find it hard to imagine that you would condone this)
if you think that the specific current Russian "response" to the
"threat" posed by NATO is therefore in some way justifiable. (What
else, from an ethical point of view, could the phrase "not innocent"
mean?)

Do you believe that, in order not to become co-responsible for the
current situation (what you call "not innocent"), when the Baltic
countries requested membership in NATO around 2000, the Western
alliance should have said, "no, sorry folks, we cannot do this out of
respect for the security concerns of the Russian Federation"?

To the contrary, I would claim that, whatever the circumstances, the
Russian military attack on Ukraine, the threats and brutality towards
deposing the elected Ukrainian government, the quasi-annexation of the
eastern Ukrainian region (and of the Crimean peninsula, we should not
forget) are illegitimate, and the misery, death and destruction that
this war is bringing to people is unjustifiable and awful.

However, what concerns me more than such weird "shares of guilt"
discussions is the question what a feminist and pacifist response or
attitude can be in the current situation.

Best regards,

-a

Am 24.02.22 um 19:11 schrieb Mathias Fuchs:Dear friends and neighbours,

with all shared emotions about the horrible things that happen in the
Ukraine and with particular sympathies for the victims of Russia's
invasion, might I still put up a thought for discussion?

I saw elderly ladies in the streets of Berlin today carrying signs
saying "Fuck Putin". This is maybe understandable at a private level of
anger, but it underanalysis what is going on there.

Putin is not an individual devil who wants to destroy a nation. The
actions taking are in my view a reaction to international politics that
are a well coordinated maneuvres of Russian Intelligence, Russian
Business and Russian Military. Not Putin as a person.

The Capitalist West has expanded zones of monetary interest and of
military influence towards the East since 1991. NATO countries are at
the border of Russia. This is as if Russia would have installed missiles
in Canada, Cuba, and Mexico. Do you remember the histeria when the
Soviet Union set up missiles in Cuba?

I hope that this conflict will be solved without costs of life and the
Ukrainian friends have my full sympathies, but we should not fool
ourselves into "Putin did it". This is a much more complex issue and the
NATO is not completely innocent of what is going on there.

Do you remember that NATO is short for "North Atlantic Treaty
Organization"? Is the Ukraine on the North Atlantic? Why does NATO want
to expand to control the entire continent? Could you consider to be a
Russian citizen and be frightened by a military organisation trying to
take over the whole of Europe?

Thanks for your thoughts

Mathias______________________________________________
SPECTRE list for media culture in Deep Europe
Info, archive and help:

Links:
------
[1]
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/internationalsupport?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZVTMlaHAZvwYHqf_iASNN9mWz9aPKOQC12UVA62DRcIOPoj5LeZgviYyPmRs0jJcokozKeoMukYoxemxLqbGyurYoQUekaIASHOTG1j5BgN2Sxxoks_OYbCjFQiZTVj-ofkEornLhnaJpeu9WetbjMnYp59aR1kIuYYX7qDdKUe1w&__tn__=*NK-y-R
[2]
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/ukraine?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZVTMlaHAZvwYHqf_iASNN9mWz9aPKOQC12UVA62DRcIOPoj5LeZgviYyPmRs0jJcokozKeoMukYoxemxLqbGyurYoQUekaIASHOTG1j5BgN2Sxxoks_OYbCjFQiZTVj-ofkEornLhnaJpeu9WetbjMnYp59aR1kIuYYX7qDdKUe1w&__tn__=*NK-y-R
[3]
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nato?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZVTMlaHAZvwYHqf_iASNN9mWz9aPKOQC12UVA62DRcIOPoj5LeZgviYyPmRs0jJcokozKeoMukYoxemxLqbGyurYoQUekaIASHOTG1j5BgN2Sxxoks_OYbCjFQiZTVj-ofkEornLhnaJpeu9WetbjMnYp59aR1kIuYYX7qDdKUe1w&__tn__=*NK-y-R
[4]
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/swift?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZVTMlaHAZvwYHqf_iASNN9mWz9aPKOQC12UVA62DRcIOPoj5LeZgviYyPmRs0jJcokozKeoMukYoxemxLqbGyurYoQUekaIASHOTG1j5BgN2Sxxoks_OYbCjFQiZTVj-ofkEornLhnaJpeu9WetbjMnYp59aR1kIuYYX7qDdKUe1w&__tn__=*NK-y-R
[5]
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/block?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZVTMlaHAZvwYHqf_iASNN9mWz9aPKOQC12UVA62DRcIOPoj5LeZgviYyPmRs0jJcokozKeoMukYoxemxLqbGyurYoQUekaIASHOTG1j5BgN2Sxxoks_OYbCjFQiZTVj-ofkEornLhnaJpeu9WetbjMnYp59aR1kIuYYX7qDdKUe1w&__tn__=*NK-y-R