[spectre] LASER Paris: Back on Tracks!

Annick Bureaud anikburo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:43:31 CEST 2020

Dear Friends,

We are happy to resume doing our LASER Paris meetings.
All the information is below.

All the Best
Annick

*"(Back) On Tracks!"*

*LASER Paris*

*Thursday 22 October 2020*

*Cité internationale des arts*

(Auditorium)

*18 rue de l'Hôtel de Ville*

*75004 Paris*

19h00 - 21h00

http://www.olats.org/laser/laser.php

with *Anouck Durand-Gasselin, Laurent Rigou, Florent Hivert, Nicolas
Thiéry,* *Vincent de Lavenère*

Free admission in the limit of available seats, registration required

(*https://tinyurl.com/y4hud53x <https://tinyurl.com/y4hud53x>*)

and we start on time!

LASER Paris takes place in French

Due to the sanitary measures, we are not able to held our usual unformal
conversation around the drinks & snacks after the presentations and
discussions. Wearing a protection mask is mandatory.

*Programme*

     > *Anouck Durand-Gasselin* (artist) et *Laurent Rigou* (pédologist,
Research Unit ASUP, Hautes-Pyrénées) //

*     "On the Tracks of the fungi ...",* about the project *Sporées et
Mycéliums*

pop up exhibition of a selection of artworks

*Alice* is biting into the mushroom, at times on one side and at times on
the other side, which is, we have to confess, an arduous task as it is
quite difficult to know where are the *sides* of a *round* object ...

As far as they are concerned, the artist Anouck Durand-Gasselin and the
pedologist Laurent Rigou are considering the mushroom a being in its own
right, with whom to collaborate.

For over ten years, with the project "sporées et mycéliums", Anouck
Durand-Gasselin is attempting to reveal what could be the "expression of
the forest". She is creating "spore-images" or "mycélium-images" with the
fungi complicity. This project has been nurtured by several scientific
disciplines and when she met the pedologist Laurent Rigou it took another
direction toward a stronger relation with the whole ecosystem and the
various interactions of the fungi with the environment. Laurent Rigou is
leading us through the first layers of the soil, where the mycelium is
developing, telling us about the alchemical power of mushrooms.

     > *Florent Hivert* and *Nicolas Thiéry* (professors in computer
science, Laboratoire de Recherche en Informatique/Computer Science Research
Laboratory, University Paris-Saclay, CNRS), and *Vincent de Lavenère
*(author-juggler,
artistic director of the Cie Chant de Balles)// (project supported by La
Diagonale Paris-Saclay) //

*"On the Tracks of the mathematical model ...",* about the project *Jonglerie
musicale, automates et combinatoire*

Musical juggling demo

It is not that often that a new musical instrument is invented, nor that
playing it is the basis of advanced mathematical researches, neither that
this is reinventing a whole new way of juggling which, nevertheless, is
rooted into ancient history!

The project *Jonglerie musicale, automates et combinatoire* that is
presented and discussed during this LASER Paris meeting is an scientific
outreach performed-conference that has been created in 2016 bringing
together a professional juggler and a researcher in fundamental computer
science.

This project is based on a common research which goal is to find a way to
write scores for a team of jugglers playing with musical balls. The main
modelisation tool in this project is the siteswap theory and the
finite-state automaton. In relation with the musical juggling, the notions
of modelisation and particularly of finite-state automaton are explained.

> Moderator : Annick Bureaud

> During the break : Audience announcements

LASER Paris is co-organized by *Leonardo/Olats *(www.olats.org) and *La
Diagonale Paris-Saclay *(http://www.ladiagonale-paris-saclay.fr) in
collaboration with the hosting venue, the *Cité internationale des arts *(
https://www.citedesartsparis.net/)

LASER Paris is supported by the Daniel and Nina Carasso Foundation. (
https://www.fondationcarasso.org/). The LASER Paris meeting of October 22nd
has received the support of the Creative Europe programme of the European
Union.

--

Annick Bureaud (abureaud at gmail.com)