[spectre] Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - September 2020

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:20:39 CEST 2020

*Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts September 2020
<https://rwm.macba.cat/es/buscador/radio/etiquetas/mas-escuchados-septiembre-2020-10865>*

*1- Professor Oyèwùmi:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi> "Part of what I
am doing is to historicize how gender became important in the colonies as
the result of the fact that the colonizers brought their ideas about
gender. That is the crook of the matter". *

In this podcast, Professor Oyèwùmi
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi> talks about
age, seniority, and respect, about unscrupulousness and academia,
dispossession and spirituality. She considers the oxymoron of the notion of
“single mother” from the point of view of Yoruba culture, and she also
notes how observance of community practices from non-Western cultures may
be an unnecessary step as we face the planetary challenges to come.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi

*2- Reni Hofmüller:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-317-reni-hofmuller>"The great thing
in the 80s and 90s was that there was still the possibility to formulate
radical positions and be heard. Now, with the fragmentation that we have, I
don't really know who hears me."*

In this podcast, Reni Hofmüller
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-317-reni-hofmuller> shares her early
commitment with radio, as well as her obsession with dismantling the
invisible in order to understand and question it. A trip through time that
takes us from the 1980s to the present, through her personal involvement in
feminist discussions from the perspective of new media. Our conversation is
riddled with references to her commitment to open source, to doing things
together, to the uninhibited mixing of disciplines, and to her passion for
the electromagnetic sphere and bicycles.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-317-reni-hofmuller

*3- Jennifer Walshe
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-316-jennifer-walshe>: “I am a
terrible 'divil', as we would say in Ireland, for writing down overheard
conversations. I love being in really obnoxious hipster cafés, cause people
talk very loudly and the conversations are hilarious and you write it all
down. (...) But it’s fascinating to me, cause this is how real people
speak!”.*

Jennifer Walshe
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-316-jennifer-walshe> studied
composition and often performs as a vocalist, but her practice and a
whopping list of works over the past twenty years put her in a twilight
zone where music, performance art, theatre and stage writing intersect and
converge. Walshe’s approach to texts, scripts and musical scores is based
on a recursive process, a kind of feedback loop which includes and
acknowledges all sorts of information about the text itself – the context
and paratext. In this podcast, we talk to Jennifer Walshe about writing,
annotating, teaching, collecting, eavesdropping, performing, faking, and a
touch of machine learning.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-316-jennifer-walshe

*4- Fefa Vila: <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-307-fefa-vila> 'Uno de
nuestros lemas era defínite y cambia' (only available in Spanish)*
In this podcast, Fefa Vila
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-307-fefa-vila> reflects aloud on
queerness as a state of radical estrangement, which is constantly being
redefined. She also outlines a lucid, emotive genealogy of the queer,
feminist, and sexual dissidence movements in the Spanish state from the
1970s to the present, which branches out in multiple lines of flight. A
collective dissidence that was seen in the emancipatory struggles of the
1970s and reverberates today. Fefa also talks about the need to experience
other forms of sociability, other affective-relational models, about
motherhood, lesbian motherhood, and about the urgency, in short, of
politically addressing this major unresolved issue, from the perspective of
feminism.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-307-fefa-vila
*5- Chris Cutler: <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-28>'The first
documented instance of the phonograph being used as an instrument seems to
have been in 1920 when the German composer Stefan Wolpe put eight of them
on a stage at a dada soiree and had them simultaneously play different
parts of Beethoven’s ‘Fifth’, at various speeds. No recording was made, but
it sounds like it must have been fun, so we’ve mocked one up for you.'*

In this new episode of PROBES
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/buscador/radio/serie/probes-9468>,

 Chris Cutler follows the incorporation into new works of saws, sandpaper
and power tools, artisans and knitting machines – and goes on to
investigate the repurposing of radios and gramophones as musical resources.
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-28>
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-272-auxiliaries>
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-272-auxiliaries>

<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-272-auxiliaries>Link: