[spectre] #memewars

Aymeric Mansoux am-lists at bleu255.com
Fri Apr 28 20:13:33 CEST 2017

Hello Nancy,

Nancy Mauro-Flude said :
> Nice project - thank you for sharing.
> So it juxtaposes >? I got the same image.

The images you attached (probably did not make it to the list) are
placeholders. They should eventually be replaced once new images are
posted on /leftypol/ and /pol/. It may take a while depending on the
time of the day, what's happening in the world, etc.

Here is a sped-up video of 12H of activity during the first round of the
French presidential election:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFqIsBKaz1s

> If this is the point then reminds me of Hamlettmachine and Muller's
> disgust at his own status as a privileged person?
>
> 'My place, if my drama ever took place, would be at both sides of the
> front, between the fronts, over them.'

Ah, this is a good connection, the lines following this quote are also
relevant (on being both in the riot and behind bullet-proof glass). Yes,
there is certainly something to be said about the attempt to make a
bird's-eye view of populist meme visual culture, what it means to
provide such a setup, its ambivalence, the fascination and fear, and
then what it means as an audience to watch all this unfold. Thanks for
the feedback Nancy.

a.

--
https://bleu255.com/~aymeric