[spectre] Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (38th Edition) - CFP, Publications and Media

Dr Samita Nandy samitanandy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 18:08:47 CET 2016

*The following newsletter will be of interest to scholars and artists
examining film and television stars and persona in popular culture. Please
share widely.*

We are pleased to announce that the 38th edition of Centre for Media and
Celebrity Studies (CMCS) newsletter has been released.

This edition includes updates on:

- Fame in Hollywood North
- The Celebrity Persona Pandemic
- Haunted: An Ethnography of the Hollywood and Hong Kong Media Industries
- Early bird deadline for 2017 CMCS LA conference
  "Bridging Gaps: Where is the film scholar in Hollywood filmmaking?" -
December 31, 2016
- CFP "Purple Reign: An interdisciplinary conference on the life and legacy
of Prince"
- CFP Historical Social Research Special Issue: Celebrity History
- Media coverage and Celebrity Chat videos on the 2016 Beyoncé Debate

You may now access the newsletter for printing or review here:
http://eepurl.com/cs4ycv

If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, sign up here:
http://cmc-centre.us3.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=8d968a451
671b45aa780b5674&id=c0075e3a74

We look forward to conversations with you on our Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/celeb_studies

Visit our website www.cmc-centre.com for further announcements.

The Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) is an international
organization and research network that helps coordinating academic research
and media commentaries on celebrity culture. CMCS carries a pedagogical
philosophy that inspires integration of research and media skills training
in academic and public discourses of fame.  The centre believes in
intellectual, aesthetic, and ethical values of bridging gaps in higher
education and media. With this view, CMCS facilitates research,
publications, creative productions, and media commentaries to restore
artistic and ethical acts for social change.

*Dr Samita Nandy*Director, Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies
PhD Curtin University, Australia (Media / Celebrity)
MA and BA York University, Canada (Communication)
URL <samitanandy at gmail.com>: www.samitanandy.com | Twitter @famecritic
<http://www.twitter.com/famecritic>