[spectre] OUT NOW: "Lenticular Encryption" by Prosthetic Knowledge at the Widget Art Gallery

Chiara Passa chiarapassa at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 11:28:41 CET 2014

Dear friends & colleagues,

I'm glad to present "Lenticular Encryption"  by Prosthetic Knowledge at the
Widget Art Gallery on IPhone, IPad and OSX-Dashboard. February 22 - March
22 2014. http://www.chiarapassa.it/upcoming.html

About the exhibition: "Lenticular Encryption".

This is an experimental project that examines the aesthetics of
lenticularization and extends the creative possibilities of the GIF format.
Lenticularization of an image allows the viewer to be presented with
additional visual information within the same space, dependent on angle.
Striped of lenticular sheets, we see that information altogether, almost
theoretically identical to the Cubist idea of relativity presented as one.
This project aims to appreciate the encrypted information as it is as well
as decoded with additional media. Also, it aims to highlight and hopefully
inspire the idea that there is more that can be done with the GIF medium -
new tricks and methods can be applied to animation making, whether it is
'flipping' from one image to another, or added depth ... Gif making can
have additional visual narratives.
Prosthetic Knowledge which is a Tumblr blog about art, tech, and
creativity.  http://prostheticknowledge.tumblr.com/

About the WAG:

The “WAG" is a mini 3-dimensional, single room gallery that fits into
people pocket 'cause I've developed it for IPhone, IPod Touch and I Pad.
Every month, directly on audience mobile, The “WAG” hosts a solo digital
art exhibition related to the dynamic site-specific contest. So, the Widget
Art Gallery works both as a sort of kunsthall showing temporary exhibitions
and as a permanent collections museum because it conserves all the past
exhibitions inside an online archive. For IPhone and IPod touch, just copy
this url http://www.chiarapassa.it/wag/mobile/ in Safari and choose: “add
to home” and the WAG's icon will be saved on your IPhone. Do the same for
IPad but paste this other URL: http://www.chiarapassa.it/wagipad/mobile/,
or download the widget version for Mac osx dashboard at:
http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html
Past exhibitions at: http://the-widget-art-gallery.blogspot.com/

Best regards, Chiara.

--