[spectre] Furtherfield and Contemporary Art Culture - Where We Are Now

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Dec 3 18:00:44 CET 2013

Sorry for any cross posting...

Furtherfield and Contemporary Art Culture - Where We Are Now

Marc Garrett reflects on Furtherfield’s role and direction as a
rhizomatic arts collective. He argues that the mainstream art world is
becoming less relevant in contemporary life. He presents a selection of
artworks, projects and events shown in their public gallery in Finsbury
Park over the past 2 years and discusses Furtherfield's new lab space,
the Furtherfield Commons.

This presentation was given at the ICA, London and to students at the
Institute of Creative Technologies, De Montfort University, Leicester in
late November 2103.

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/articles/furtherfield-and-contemporary-art-culture-where-we-are-now