[spectre] any news on the revolutions?

Simon Biggs simon at littlepig.org.uk
Thu Mar 10 11:52:18 CET 2011

Hi Andreas

If you go into a conversation with people, where you are asking something of
them, then insulting them is probably not the best place to start.

The organisations you are seeking to engage exist because of collective
goodwill, often in little corners of government or business where you can
sometimes find a human being who values what the organisation is seeking to
achieve. Ego's are part of all human interaction and the creative arts does
seem to foster big ones. However, successful collective action, which most
organisations rely upon, usually depends on the subsuming of individual ego
for the collective good. This is true in all sectors of the creative arts
and probably true in most other domains of human interaction. It is usually
those individuals who are unwilling (or unable) to put aside their personal
agendas who screw up collective action. Mind you, there are always
individuals who are maddeningly egotistic, even brutal, who run successful
organisations - but then you hear how horrible they are to work with... Must
be horrible to think you only have friends because they fear you.

Best

Simon

On 10/03/2011 10:30, "Andreas Maria Jacobs" <ajaco at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> So I am asking you: do you know of organizations in Europe willing to
> participate in projecting videoworks, distribute written essays and
> showing 'net' artpieces reflecting a dissent about the institutional
> power systems currently ruling Europe, without being afraid to loose
> the privileges these very same power systems are giving to the easy
> manipulated bunch of ego centered 'artists' and organizations?

Simon Biggs
simon at littlepig.org.uk
http://www.littlepig.org.uk/

s.biggs at eca.ac.uk