[spectre] (fwd) Sign the Petition: Release Ai Weiwei

heath bunting heath at irational.org
Thu Apr 14 20:06:19 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Andreas Broeckmann wrote:

andreas broeckmann

can you explain why you are campaigning for this person ?

are you sure he not guilty of tax evasion ?

does the fact that this campaign is supported by so many elite
organisation not make you question this campaign ?

i didn't note much interest or support in my case when i was arrested
every time i entered or exited the united kingdom or when i was
disappeared by the UK secret police and accused falsely of bomb threats
at a london airport - i was facing up to 7 years in prison

this was a result of my work with borders and identity and i still live
under surveillance

in the similar manner that no one benefits from my rise through the art
stratosphere, hence no rise or stardom, who is benefiting from Ai Weiwei
and his hyper inflation in the attention economy ?

Ai Weiwei campaign seems a classic case of elite people protecting their
own transgressions (tax evasion) and profiting from disaster capitalism
rather than universal human rights and human rights workers, such as
artists

would there be an international campaign by elite institutions to support
a independent artist, such as myself ?

this seems a very similar situation to julian assange. instead of
the social network supporting a member of the blood rank, we should be
supporting social justice and human rights and those that work using such
methods

Ai Weiwei is clearly a member of the international blood rank posing a
social networker - an astroturfer

this strikes me a co-option of the social network for the purposes and
values of the elite

hope you can answer some of these questions

hope you are well

heath bunting