[spectre] searching for rare video docs

pixelvision pixelvision at n3krozoft.com
Sat Apr 14 11:36:32 CEST 2007

Dear SPECTRE reader,

I am looking for help in my research for documentation on
telecollaborative performance projects.

More specifically, I am looking for video documentation of historical
telecollaborative projects such as:

- Stan Vanderbeek, 1970: "Violence Sonata"
- Douglas Davis, 1971-72: "Electronic Hokkadim"/"WTOP-TV"
- Kit Galloway and Sherrie Rabinowitz, 1980: "Hole in Space"
- Electronic Cafe, 1984-1999: Various Teleperformances
- Electronic Cafe, 1992: "Brunch in California - Dinner in France"
(historic first trans-Atlantic jam session)
- Roy Ascott, 1983: La plissure du texte
- Roy Ascott, 1986: Planetary Network
- VanGogh TV, 1992: Piazza Virtuale

To my knowledge, none of this recordings (if they exist) have ever
been publicly released. If I'm wrong, I would be thankful if you can
point me to any available resource.

If somebody has documents of this or similar events, please contact me offlist.

I am gathering this material for an overview on telecollaborative
projects that will accompany a workshop focussing on the same topics.
It will serve as a historical and theoretical setting in a field
where the fast evolving technology has a tendency to vanish without
leaving much traces (except in the memories of the persons involved).

more on the workshop:
http://www.n3krozoft.com/remote/

Thanks in advance for your help an advice!

Manuel Schmalstieg
   >3f. Univers KOI8-R
   @www.n3krozoft.com
   @www.x-xx---x.info