[spectre] DEAF07 - Polar Bending Conference today

stephen kovats kovats at transmediale.de
Sat Apr 14 10:30:58 CEST 2007

DEAF07 - Interact or Die!

Polar Bending Conference: I-TASC
The Interpolar Transnational Art Science Constellation

Sat. April 14 @ 14.00 - 16.30
V2_Studio
Witte de Withstraat 63
Rotterdam

I-TASC, an official project of the current International Polar Year,
is a decentralized network of individuals and organisations working
collaboratively in the fields of art, science and technology on the
creative development and tactical deployment of renewable energy,
sustainable architecture and open-format, open-source media. I-TASC
is a lichen-like structure sharing and integrating local knowledge,
resources and skills in order to symbiotically engage with the air,
ocean, earth and space commons. Antarctica and the Arctic are the
critical departure points for I-TASC, with preliminary research trips
having taken place in Nunavut, Canada (2006) and a recently completed
trip to SANAE IV, the South African Research base in Antarctica.

Polar Bending will present the work and vision of I-TASC, including
Polar Radio, Antarctica's first artist-run radio station aimed at
linking North and South polar communities, the Antarctica Data Jam
using PureData to resample live polar weather data, a live set by the
performance entity 'Gem Sqash' as well as a series of proxy projects
hosted by the recent I-TASC mission to the Antarctic.

Featuring:

Ntsikelelo 'First Born' Ntshingila (SA)
Adam Hyde (NZ)
Thomas Mulcaire (SA)
Amanda Rodrigues Alves (BR)
Marko Peljhan (SI)

With I-TASC participants:
Tijmen Schep (NL)
Matthew Biederman (CDN)
Moderated and introduced by Stephen Kovats, V2_

http://www.interpolar.org/
http://adam.engagetv.com/gem_sqash
http://www.broadcastyourpodcast.com

Polar Bending is co-produced by: ZAVOD PROJEKT ATOL (Slovenia) with
the support of the Ministry of Culture, Republic of Slovenia

DEAF07 - INTERACT OR DIE!
APRIL 10 - 29, 2007
www.deaf07.nl

stephen kovats
artistic director - transmediale
festival for art and digital culture berlin

transmediale - Klosterstr. 68 - 10179 Berlin
tel. +49 (0)30.24749-761 fax. +49 (0)30.24749-814
info at transmediale.de - http://www.transmediale.de

Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH, Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 41312 B
Geschäftsführer: Moritz van Dülmen