[spectre] The Story of Boris

Josephine Bosma jesis at xs4all.nl
Mon May 23 19:26:47 CEST 2005

I would like to point Spectre members to/at (which is it?) about war
trauma called 'The Story of Boris'. The idea of this project seems to be
to show or reveal some of the invisible damage created by war. It is
also a discussion piece, so viewers can leave comments in the blog and
even fill in a form in which they give their view (observation) of 'the
patient' during particular sessions with a psychiatrist. I wonder what
you guys make of this. I don't know if any of it is 'real'.

see:

http://www.thestoryofboris.com

The press blurb is in Dutch, but here are some (roughly) translated bits...

"Flimfilm presents the story of Boris, the story of a war victim who
tries to unravel what happened in the war he escaped from. Was he victim
or perpetrator? Good or bad? An observation camera registers the
sessions of the refugee with his psychiatrist"

"In thestoryofboris.com" PTSS (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome) is
revealed in an innovative way. Each week new sessions and other
important material is published, in order to present an indepth file in
twelve weeks.(....)"

The Story of Boris is a project by Jan Pieter Tuinstra and Thomas Blom.

contact:
thomas at storyofboris.com