[spectre] [Psrf] Photostatic Retrograde Archive, no. 33 prime

Lloyd Dunn ll at detritus.net
Fri Apr 25 21:34:01 CEST 2003

#  If you no longer wish to recieve e-mail announcements from the
#  Photostatic Retrograde Archive, simply let us know and we will remove
#  your name from the mailing list.
#  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

now available for download, retrograde release no. 18, may 2003:

PhonoStatic 33' Cassette

(direct download of  13 ogg vorbis file available on above link)

Description. "Concurrencies."  Forming a matched set with its (not
yet available) predecessor, the Concurrencies cassette compilation
proposal asked for works that especially emphasized layered sound,
multiple tracks working together simultaneously in time. Of course,
such a broadly defined scope of interest could include a rather large
fraction of all recorded works. In our defense, we can only say that
the notion of using "themes" in constructing our releases had, by
this time grown tiresome. Most of the submissions did not follow any
kind of theme anyway; even so, it was always possible to make
something unified out of the submissions at hand. The present title
is no exception. The PhonoStatic regulars are all present; X.Y. Zedd
springs forth with three pieces; The Tape-beatles offer up two. (In
the interest of full disclosure, this writer is and was then a member
of that group.) Son of Spam comes forth with a memorable opening
track, and Semantics Could Vanish appear in the guise of yet another
slightly altered project name (beginning much earlier in the decade
as "Two Dogs in Paris"). Plucked directly from the international mail
stream are works, too, by a handful of mail artists; these include
Malok, I.M.I. (or Pascal Uni), and MoriArty (whose 14-minute opus is
the longest segment on the comp). Audio works by veteran zinesters,
Petrisko, Miskowski, and Winkler, members of a triumvirate based in
Arizona's urban centers, each offer up one of their audiotape musings.

Contributors include. Son of Spam, The Tape-beatles, X.Y. Zedd, P.
Petrisko, Jr., Semantics Could Vanish, Malok, Mike Miskowski and Dave
Williams, I.M.I., MoriArty and Chris Winkler

Project Overview: The Photostatic Retrograde Archive serves as an
electronic repository for a complete collection of PhotoStatic
Magazine, PhonoStatic Cassettes, Retrofuturism, and Psrf, (as well as
related titles). Issues are posted as PDF files, at more or less
regular intervals, in reverse chronological order to form a
chronological mirror image of the original series. When the first
issue, dating from 1983, is finally posted in several year's time,
then this electronic archive will be complete.

issue directory: http://psrf.detritus.net/issues.html

project URL: http://psrf.detritus.net/

--

#  Photostatic Magazine Retrograde Archive : http://psrf.detritus.net/
#  E-mail  |  psrf at detritus.net

#  Lloyd Dunn : ll at detritus.net
#  The Tape-beatles and Public Works Productions : http://pwp.detritus.net/
#  Photostatic Magazine Retrograde Archive : http://psrf.detritus.net/
#  Address | c/o Heckovi, Veltruská 531/9, Prosek, 19000 Praha-9, CZ