[spectre] RE: new mailing list: SPECTRE :info

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck@transmediale.de
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 21:52:53 +0200 (CEST)

dear anna,

Zitiere anna balint <epistolaris@freemail.hu>:

> Dear Andreas,
> I can admit that it was the mistake of Geert Lovink that he has omitted
> mention where the term comes from. When you made a statement that the
> words
> deep europe was coined by Luchezar Boyadiev I immediatley notified
> you, please chack your private mail.

i don't archive my mail, so i will have to take your word for it.

> The Hyprid Workspace workshop was prepared
> not earlier than 1997, when the idea and possibility of the Hybrid
> Workspace first appeared.

geert and i first talked about the hws workshop that winter, i don't recall the
exact dates. i have no reason to dispute that the term deep europe came from you.

> I find terrible that after you left the syndicate list, you base a new
> mailing list exactly on my concept. Why not find a concept of your own
> for this purpose?

why? it is a very appropriate concept which we are very happy to use? i find it
very odd that you would claim an exclusive right to sth that has been in
discussion left, right and center for 4 years now ... you should look at this
appropriation with pride, if you have to.

>You could read first my deep europe text on the syndicate
> list, if you would be subscribed.

maybe you can send it to me anyway?

greetings,
-a