[wos] one way of distributing and promoting copyrighted audio & music on the net for free

Volker Grassmuck vgrass at rz.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 12 12:01:13 CEST 2004

On 11 Jun 2004 at 16:28, info at mix-tapes.de wrote:

> In these days it seems to be a lot of talking is more important than
> doing ...

well, we'll be doing some talking this afternoon on an old way of
distributing but a new way of compensating creative works.

Compensation withouth Control
Towards a Music Flatrate
Saturday, 12 June 2004, 13:00, Track 1
related: Workshop, Saturday, 12 June 2004, 15:00
http://wizards-of-os.org/index.php?id=722&L=3

But we'll also be doing some doing. Words actually can change the
world. In the workshop after the panel, the

Berlin Declaration on Collectively Managed Online Rights:
Compensation without Control
http://wizards-of-os.org/index.php?id=1431&L=3

will be finalized and issued to the European Commission. If we can
gather enough support behind it, we might be able to make a
difference.

best
Volker

--