[spectre] IMPAKT Festival 2022 The Curse of Smooth Operations

Michelle Franke - IMPAKT michelle at impakt.nl
Wed Oct 19 08:51:37 CEST 2022

Dear Spectre friends,

In a few weeks, from 2 – 6 November the IMPAKT Festival 2022 The Curse of Smooth Operations is taking place in Utrecht and online.
We hope to welcome many of you.

Do you think technology is dissatisfying enough when it freezes, crashes or breaks down? There may be greater dissatisfaction in store for you. What if the most dissatisfying technology of all is the one that works?

The Curse of Smooth Operations invites you to explore this counterintuitive proposition in a five day programme of talks, screenings, performances, and exhibitions. With a.o.: Ross Exo Adams, Salomé Aguilera Skvirsky, Alena Alexandrova, Danica Dakić, Μarta Dauliūtė & Viktorija Šiaulytė, Anita Di Bianco, DMSTFCTN, Anja Dornieden & Juan David González Monroy, Zachary Formwalt, Orit Halpern, Linda Hilfling Ritasdatter, Ute Holl, Vladan Joler, Sasha Litvintseva & Beny Wagner, Alaa Mansour, Rosa Menkman, Reem Shadid, Benedikt Terwiel, Pär Thörn, Oxana Timofeeva, Why Theory and many others...

Curated by Erik Bünger en Florian Wüst.

You can have a look at the full programme at: https://www.impakt.nl

PROFESSIONALS PROGRAMME
For the Professionals Programme of this year’s festival, we are inspired by the general concept of the festival, and added some additional topics, to open up discussions to challenge and further explore the field of media art.

We invite professionals attending the IMPAKT Festival 2022 to a series of sessions relevant to the field of media art and media art institutions. Alongside artists’ presentations and networking opportunities, we will also host two curated sessions with experts. The first session will focus on collaborative and critical curation that does not emphasise artistic value as a way to critically engage with societal debates. The second session will revolve around the production and development of hybrid event formats that bring together online and offline audiences.

Read more about the professionals programme and how to request your accreditation at: https://impakt.nl/festival/2022/professionals/

Looking forward to seeing you in November

Kind regards,

Michelle Franke
PR & Communications

[cid:EF71A49C-1959-492E-86EE-3BE2B485644C]

IMPAKT Foundation
Lange Nieuwstraat 4
3512 PH Utrecht | The Netherlands
t. + 31 30 2944493