[spectre] Fwd: transmediale 2023 – Save the Date, 1–5 February 2023

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Fri Oct 7 18:17:42 CEST 2022

Betreff: transmediale 2023 – Save the Date
Datum: Thu,  6 Oct 2022 13:01:14 +0000
Von: transmediale <communications at transmediale.de>

https://2023.transmediale.de/

** transmediale 2023
a model, a map, a fiction

** 1–5 February 2023
Akademie der Künste, Berlin
and across the city

** It’s time to come together – Join us for the 36th edition of
transmediale festival, a four-day programme at Akademie der Künste and
an expanded exhibition programme across the city
https://transmediale.de/

** Four-Day Festival Programme
The four-day festival programme will transform the Akademie into a space
of conversation, workshops, exhibitions, performances, and film, scaling
itself across the venue. Merging theoretical discourse and artistic
interventions with craic
(https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Craic) , the festival
will explore how technological scale creates relations and fractures in
the world by transferring images through history and across
socio-political contexts.

** a model, a map, a fiction
We are drowning in images and the multiplying realities they create.
Models, maps, and fictions about the world are rendered to handheld
screens as meaning is scaled and distributed across data servers,
network cables, render farms, 3D assets, and automated algorithms.
Calculation and its many biases make the world computable, yet it pushes
and pulls our affections and politics through infrastructures and
logistics, flattening us into tokenized transactions along the way.
Climate collapse, looping.
Grainy, blurred images make truths.
Facts, indistinguishable from fictions.
Molecular geopolitics,
an image the size of the world.
Asking what role can scale play in altering what is mapped and measured,
the 2023 edition of transmediale festival explores the impact of living
in the aftermath of the post-digital and how technological scale sets
conditions for relations, feelings, democratic processes, and
infrastructures.
Read more on transmediale 2023 (https://2023.transmediale.de/)

** Expanded Festival Programme
Along with the four-day festival at Akademie der Künste, an expanded
programme will take place throughout the city. Generating critical
conversations around how technology and its precise systems of
measurement can be reassembled, Out of Scale is a free citywide
exhibition taking place within the city’s networks and infrastructures.

Vorspiel (https://vorspiel.berlin/collection) , the joint project space
programme of transmediale and CTM and traditionally the prelude of both
festivals, will take place across multiple project spaces in the city
from 20 January. Our long-term partner CTM
(https://www.ctm-festival.de/)  kicks off their festival on 27 January,
and continuing our partnership we are excited to have a collaboration
for the 2023 edition again.
https://2023.transmediale.de/

** Follow us on Telegram (https://t.me/transmediale)

transmediale is funded by the
Kulturstiftung des Bundes (German Federal Cultural Foundation)

transmediale wird gefördert durch die
Kulturstiftung des Bundes

** Partner and Supporters (https://transmediale.de/network)