[spectre] defence fund

heath bunting heathbunting at irational.org
Wed Mar 2 10:15:14 CET 2022

i would like to propose we start a defence fund for any artist, especially
spectre member, that is imprisoned for questioning the imperial narrative.

"In the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Latvia, speaking in support of the
Russian invasion of Ukraine will get you years in prison." caitlin
johnstone.

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2022/03/02/defending-freedom-and-democracy-sure-requires-an-awful-lot-of-censorship/

many of us are facing the fate already befallen on julian assange, who is
arguably the best media artist of the past two decades.

i have been arrested over 30 times and framed at least 3 times
by military intelligence for my art practice since 1999, making
me especially vulnerable.

other members of spectre mailing list will be subject to imperial
repression and imprisonment, which we need to guard and prepare for.