[spectre] Radio Web MACBA - Most listened podcasts January 2022

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 12:32:16 CET 2022

*Radio Web MACBA <https://rwm.macba.cat/en> - Most listened podcasts
January 2022*

*1- Andrea Ballestero <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood-8>: "If
you dig enough space in an underground mine, you can put workers there to
extract things. If you have enough knowledge you can explore a cave and
move through it, even under ocean caves, etcetera. The aquifer precludes
that. You can never inhabit an aquifer. And I really find that an important
trait and a fascinating material challenge for our own thinking. Spaces
that are not at our disposal. Humans should not be everywhere. And aquifers
remind us of that. If a human is in an aquifer, then it’s not an aquifer
anymore."*

In OBJECTHOOD #8, <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood-8> Roc
Jiménez de Cisneros, Andrea Ballestero and Chris Korda reflect on limits. A
quite dark and urgent take on boundaries and edges, if you will. This is
not so much about ontological boundaries, but rather about the dangers of
looking at the world with no limits in mind. With music by Jessica Ekomane

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood-8

2-   *Professor Oyèwùmi:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi> "Part of what I
am doing is to historicize how gender became important in the colonies as
the result of the fact that the colonizers brought their ideas about
gender. That is the crook of the matter."*

In this podcast, Professor Oyèwùmi
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi> talks about
age, seniority, and respect, about unscrupulousness and academia,
dispossession and spirituality. She considers the oxymoron of the notion of
“single mother” from the point of view of Yoruba culture, and she also
notes how observance of community practices from non-Western cultures may
be an unnecessary step as we face the planetary challenges to come.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi

*3- Cara New Daggett
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-343-cara-new-daggett>: *“This idea
that fossil fuels and industrialization is connected to democracy ignores
the way that the US has supported, benefited from, and often preferred
authoritarian regimes in oil-producing regions because that meant that the
supply would be easier to negotiate and control. So it is kind of
complicating the picture that the spread of fossil fuel industrialization
is hand in hand with democracy, but really showing that authoritarianism
has always been part of the picture of fossil fuel extraction and that the
West is implicated in it.”

In this podcast, we talk to writer and researcher Cara New Daggett
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-343-cara-new-daggett>. Energy, work,
utopian demands, and unions, become intertwined with oil cultures,
petromasculinities and ecomodernism, to reflect on growth, dependency, debt
and energy transitions beyond extractivism. Degrowth, desire, pleasure,
feminist science and new story-telling strategies are revealed as key
ingredients for the recipe to reimagine ecologically generous ways of life
on Earth.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-343-cara-new-daggett

*4- Maria Ptqk <https://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/sonia-341-maria-ptqk>: "Una
de las razones por las que yo me he enganchado tanto al pensamiento
simbiótico de Margulis es porque justamente se encuentra en ese lugar donde
desvela la producción de relato que hay en la ciencia. Margulis formula su
teoría simbiótica a finales de los años setenta. La simbiosis ya se había
identificado antes en la biología, pero ella es la que dice que realmente
es el motor de la evolución: la simbiosis, la cooperación entre especies y
no la competencia entre especies." *(only available in Spanish)

Charlamos con Maria Ptqk sobre las posibles alianzas metodológicas entre el
arte y la ciencia. Indagamos en sus últimos años de investigaciones,
cristalizados en la exposición “Ciencia Fricción. Vida entre especies
compañeras” pero también en otras encarnaciones y proyectos. Revisamos la
dimensión narrativa del conocimiento científico, vía Donna Haraway, así
como las relaciones simbióticas entre organismos interdependientes, de la
mano de Lynn Margulis.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/sonia-341-maria-ptqk

5- *Mark Fisher:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher> "As a
result of the decomposition of older forms of solidarity, people are made
to be increasingly responsible for themselves, or made to feel as if they
are responsible for themselves. In the UK now, the complaint that’s most
treated by the National Health Service is depression. Depression is a
political problem."*

This podcast is the result of a conversation with Mark Fisher
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher>in 2012
on crisis, insurrection, and the dangerous idea of capitalism as the only
conceivable container.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher

*E/N/J/O/Y!*
*TAKE CARE!*