[spectre] [Call for Participation] OOO₃FFDEM Ozone

Xavier Coadic xcoadic at protonmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:43:40 CET 2022

Dear all,

I am pleased to invite you to Brussels for the 3rd edition of the OFFDEM. February 4, 5

Like the 2 previous editions, it is the undocumented migrants who co-organize, host and manage the event.

Here is the CFP (English & French version): https://ps.zoethical.org/pub/offdem-ozone-cfp

You will see 3 main themes:
+ Local Organization
+ Collective Data Sovereignty
+ Interoperabilty & Power Relations

You can also dig into previous Offdem collective notes: https://pad.public.cat/offdem-o2-index#
with, just as examples,

+ The Glassroom https://theglassroom.org/ (public intervention that aims to demystify technology through immersive, thought-provoking, self-learning exhibitions)
+ Radical & Undocumented Citizen Media https://pad.public.cat/offdem-o2-radical-citizen-media#
We also made live music, DIY printing on t-shirt, walks & hikes, so on and so forth

So, isn't just about software / hardware. It is to be aligned with our approach: "Decolonizing Europe Matters"

For my part, I will be there with some items:

+ Garage biology, Biopunk, Biohacking
+ Environmental Investigation
+ Exposing The Invisible, DataDetox Kit, GenderSec, Security in a Box
+ Third places in critical situations:
  + Doing Environmental Investigation
  + LGBTQIA+ communities
  + Hospitality, reception, refugees⋅e⋅s (hey, it's also the Zone Neutre collective, in the OFFDEM orga, which gathers undocumented citizens in Brussels)
+ Disasters & Calamity as political objects and places of sociability (Third places) on the front line
+ Idleness and loitering as a political tactic (hahaha, yes, yes, yes, I'm working on it now)

I sincerely and really hope to meet you there.

Kind Regards,

https://todon.eu/@XavCC

https://xavcc.frama.io