[spectre] The Unmoving show

Bjørn Magnhildøen noemata at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 19:38:18 CET 2021

Welcome to The Unmoving show
- a psychogeographical drift in the matrix

The unmoving show is an open, interactive, performative exhibition. A sort
of immanent psycho-navigation made explicit, of what goes on while we do
nothing. A framework of unmoving. Since we put ourselves at the center of
attention, everything else revolves around us in constant motion. The sun
moves across the sky. A dog barks. Your position to a screw in the ceiling
is continuously calculated.

Curators: Andy Deck, Bjørn Magnhildøen, Zsolt Mesterhazy.

Participants (as per today)
Isabel Brison, Joana Chicau and Renick Bell, Cyborg Art Collective,
Antonela Debiasi, Andy Deck, Benna Gaean Maris, Bob Georgeson, Nicole
Kouts, Tatjana Macic, Ilias Marmaras, Konstantina Mavridou, Daniel
Melendez, Zsolt Mesterhazy, Edward Picot, A. A. Sesma, Alan Sondheim, Elle
Thorkveld, A. P. Vague

Website
https://unmoving.show/

It is a critique of attention hacking and self-consumption. Psychogeography
is redefined through brain research as non-intentional navigation in space
and among objects. The exhibition is shaped as a continuous, unpredictable
and erratic stream of orientation/awareness based on the works and their
metadata/surroundings. The show is open for submissions of works during the
exhibition. The scripted framework is also subject to change, adding to the
performative aspects of the show.
Interaction: The feed responds to keyboard input. Input becomes part of the
output of later sessions of other users. The longer the feed keeps going
the more articulate it gets.

The project exhibits in collaboration with The Wrong Biennale, from Nov 1,
2021 to  Mar 1, 2022.

We see the works as landmarks in a kind of psycho-virtual navigation, and
hope you can see some crass beauty in this
drift, as we do, even if the attraction should lie in its unmoving
character. For all its moving, its purpose and result
remain an unmoving show.

For more info see source code of site
view-source:https://unmoving.show/