[spectre] Digital Commoning Practices / Intersecting Commons lecture series

Station of Commons mail at stationofcommons.org
Wed Mar 10 11:22:36 CET 2021

Digital Commoning Practices

https://www.stationofcommons.org/events/digital-commoning-practices
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83616306848?pwd=THRXNFFvYkxkWGliUGpyM2JWS0xaQT09

Following last week Open Source Audio Stream, we begin the new phase
Intersecting Commons Lecture series:

First Session: Intersecting Commons

11.03.2021 7pm-9pm
Activation with Selena Savic in discussion with Station of Commons Juan
Gomez & Gregoire Rousseau.

11.03.2021 8pm-9pm
Rethinking the common: Exploring the potentialities of space commoning
by Stavros Stavrides

If commoning is about complex and historically specific processes
through which representations, practices and values intersect in
circumscribing what is to be shared and how in a specific society, where
can we locate the potentialities of space commoning? Based on the view
that commoning practices are characterized both by the means they employ
and by the subjects that participate in them, this presentation will
explore how inhabited space may become a shaping factor of solidarity
and collaboration relations between commoners.

12.03.2021 7pm-8pm
Unsettling the Universal: Really Useful Commoning
by Dubravka Sekulic

Feminism, reminds us Lola Olufemi “is a political project of what could
be.” Commons can be understood along similar lines. Both have to be
understood as verbs, concepts that do, unsettle and transform, ways we
are in the world. Thinking at the intersection between digital and
urban, in my talk I will propose a reading of the public library as an
important node in the feminist and commoning consciousness raising
operation.

13.03.2021 7pm-8pm
Variations of Gender and Technology Trouble
by Cornelia Sollfrank

Technofeminism is based on two basic assumptions: 1) technology is not
neutral and 2) technology is a highly gendered field. These
presuppositions open up a field of questions, problems and related
practices. Based on selected positions in theory and practice, the talk
exemplifies some of the tensions and openings from which to rethink ways
of encountering the current technopolitical crisis. Commoning here
serves as a framework for the process of vision and implementation, of
experimentation and evaluation, of responding to the contemporary
condition by creating new forms, formats and formations and questioning
them again.

Next week will continue with another lecture series on "Commoning
education" with Femke Snelting, Jara Rocha & Martino Morandi, Gregoire
Rousseau and Nora Sternfeld, Marcell Mars.

Welcome!

--
https://stationofcommons.org
Research project on digital commoning practices,