[spectre] Radio Web MACBA - Most listened podcasts 2020

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 11:16:36 CET 2021

*Radio Web MACBA - Most listened podcasts 2020*

*1- Professor Oyèwùmi:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi> "Part of what I
am doing is to historicize how gender became important in the colonies as
the result of the fact that the colonizers brought their ideas about
gender. That is the crook of the matter." *

In this podcast, Professor Oyèwùmi
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi> talks about
age, seniority, and respect, about unscrupulousness and academia,
dispossession and spirituality. She considers the oxymoron of the notion of
“single mother” from the point of view of Yoruba culture, and she also
notes how observance of community practices from non-Western cultures may
be an unnecessary step as we face the planetary challenges to come.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi

*2- OBJECTHOOD #7
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood-7>: Everything is an
ecosystem, at the end of the day.” (Dave Phillips)*

This new episode of Roc Jiménez de Cisneros' OBJECTHOOD
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/buscador/radio/serie/objecthood-9471> series
features conversations with Diego Falconi, Rick Dolphijn, Dave Phillips,
and music by Kali Malone. A spiral-shaped trip about fire, burning, ashes,
rituals, cooking, food, and jungles. Though it is also about everything
that lies in between and beneath each and every one of those things. The
invisible micropolitics of food in the military; the symbolic charge of
ashes, solid remains of an intangible object – fire – which has shaped this
planet for millions of years; the untold gender-related motifs behind the
Aimara genocide; a circular, cyclical perception of time; or the role and
relevance of ecosystems, even beyond the good old wildlife cliché –
because, you know, “everything is an ecosystem, at the end of the day”.
*This podcast is part of Re-Imagine Europe, co-funded by the Creative
Europe programme of the European Union.*

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood-7

*3- Lars Holdhus/TCF:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-312-lars-holdhustcf>“Observing
something is very underrated”*

The work of the sound artist Lars Holdhus, aka TCF, interrogates our
relation to the technological infrastructures that permeate contemporaneity
through language, code, cryptography and, most recently, ecology.  En este
podcast, Lars aboga por la presencia y la conciencia. Between tea sips, he
reflects on toolmaking and impact, A.I. and the obsession with flesh, human
time and machine time. He also points out how boring technology becomes
when you are 70% Buddhist, while introducing us to his latest projects: a
virtual touring software teasing the limits of the live music industry and
a random processing tool that he feeds and confronts to compose and create
images. <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-312-lars-holdhustcf>
*This podcast is part of Re-Imagine Europe, co-funded by the Creative
Europe programme of the European Union.*

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-312-lars-holdhustcf

*4- *Fefa Vila: <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-307-fefa-vila>* 'Uno
de nuestros lemas era *defínite
* y cambia' (only available in Spanish)*
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-312-lars-holdhustcf>
In this podcast, Fefa Vila
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-307-fefa-vila> reflects aloud on
queerness as a state of radical estrangement, which is constantly being
redefined. She also outlines a lucid, emotive genealogy of the queer,
feminist, and sexual dissidence movements in the Spanish state from the
1970s to the present, which branches out in multiple lines of flight. A
collective dissidence that was seen in the emancipatory struggles of the
1970s and reverberates today. Fefa also talks about the need to experience
other forms of sociability, other affective-relational models, about
motherhood, lesbian motherhood, and about the urgency, in short, of
politically addressing this major unresolved issue, from the perspective of
feminism.

Link:  <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-312-lars-holdhustcf>
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-307-fefa-vila
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-312-lars-holdhustcf>
*5- Anja Kanngieser:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-314-anja-kanngieser> "I don't know
what climate justice could exist when the reality is that Kiribati will be
gone. It's undeniable. Kiribati will be gone. You think about what justice
would mean. At the moment it's conversations around loss and damages. How
could you ever compensate for that? An entire land gone and indigenous
people displaced forever."*
Political geographer and sound artist Anja Kanngieser
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-314-anja-kanngieser> works in the
coordinates between space and sound. This merging of disciplines that seems
completely normal to her tends to be more perplexing to the
compartmentalised world of science and academia than to the undisciplined
field of artistic practice. In this podcast, we become the listeners
as Anja Kanngieser reflects on expanded listening, on the inaudible, and on
our anthropocentrism. They talk about their long-standing interest in sound
governance and dissect the many tensions that built up in the project
“Climates of Listening”, which was originally based on the intention of
amplifying campaigns for self-determination and self-representation in the
Pacific. *This podcast is part of Re-Imagine Europe, co-funded by the
Creative Europe programme of the European Union.*

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-314-anja-kanngieser

*6- **Joana Moll:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-313-joana-moll> “When the only thing
we can think about for solving such a critical moment is another app, there
is clearly a huge crisis of imagination – where we just think there is a
technological solution to anything and that has to be the way."*

Through a combination of artistic research, detective work, and an almost
forensic approach to our own data trail, Joana Moll
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-313-joana-moll>’s work exposes some
of the most pressing issues of our data-driven, data-centric existence. Her
research projects, talks, workshops and art pieces slip through the cracks
of corporate behemoths to make sense of their polymorphic nature and reveal
some of the hidden layers that shape and sustain the hypercapitalist
fractal. In this podcast, we talk to Joana Moll about interfaces and their
social implications, about technocolonialism, agency, surveillance,
exploitation, speculation and, why not, about laughter. *This podcast is
part of Re-Imagine Europe, co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of
the European Union.*

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-313-joana-moll

*7- Jonáš Gruska
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-318-jonas-gruska>: “If I build it
myself I know who to blame when it doesn’t work.” *
The slovak musician, sound artist, and maker Jonáš Gruska is a proud
amateur, honouring the French origin of the term (to love what you do).
Curiosity and passion run through pretty much everything that Gruska
engages in. In our conversation ranging from his site-specific sound
installations to his hand-crafted microphones and audio tools, his recent
interest in mycology, and his playful exploration of the electromagnetic
spectrum, Jonáš used the word 'fascination' quite a lot. We talk to Jonáš
about resonating spaces, resonating surfaces, tramways, self-taught
electronic circuitry, field recordings, fermentation, mushrooms, and
unusual microphones. *This podcast is part of Re-Imagine Europe, co-funded
by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.*
Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-318-jonas-gruska

*8- *Lyra Pramuk:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-300-lyra-pramuk>* 'There
are days where I feel I like trapped in a body and there are days where I
feel I’m just administering hormones and that i’m out here like a feminist
hero/warrior in the pornographic demoliton of society. It really changes
with my mood. That’s the power of good theory.'*
In this podcast, Lyra Pramuk
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-300-lyra-pramuk> talks about key
moments in her childhood and adolescence, which was marked by a rigorous
religious and musical education, and about her subsequent journey to
deconstruct her assigned identity, taking refuge in her love of science
fiction and role-playing games as basic strategies for reinventing herself.
We also chat about performativity, resisting the text, non-verbal music,
live vs studio work, the recording logic of the music industry, the
importance of queer community building, and clubbing in Berlin.
Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-300-lyra-pramuk
*9- Mark Fisher:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher> As a
result of the decomposition of older forms of solidarity, people are made
to be increasingly responsible for themselves, or made to feel as if they
are responsible for themselves. In the UK now, the complaint that’s most
treated by the National Health Service is depression. Depression is a
political problem.*

This podcast is the result of a conversation with Mark Fisher
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher>in 2012
on crisis, insurrection, and the dangerous idea of capitalism as the only
conceivable container.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher

*10- Bernard Stiegler:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-285-bernard-stiegler-bernard-stiegler>
"The
faculty of learning, sharing, and producing knowledge is not at all in the
brain. It is in-between the brains, through technologies".*

In this podcast, Bernard Stiegler
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-285-bernard-stiegler-bernard-stiegler>talks
about education and smartphones, translations and linguists, about economic
war, climate change, and political stupidity. We also chat about
pharmacology and organology, about the erosion of biodiversity, the vital
importance of error, and the Neganthropocene as a desirable goal to work
towards, ready to be constructed.

Link:
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-285-bernard-stiegler-bernard-stiegler

E/N/J/O/Y/