[spectre] Radio Web MACBA - Most listened podcasts January 2021

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 16:04:35 CET 2021

*Radio Web MACBA - Most listened podcasts January 2021*

*1- Elaine Gan: <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-323-elaine-gan> “To
talk about rice I also had to talk about water, sunlight, soil, insects,
bacteria, fungi. I had to talk about rivers, continents. And then,
suddenly, rice, which is a very small seed, is as big as the world. It took
a lot of different tools to be able to follow it." *

In this podcast, artist and researcher Elaine Gan
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-323-elaine-gan> talks about crop
science, feral technologies, the global pandemic, radical difference,
natureculture, the art of noticing, Matsutake mushrooms, and, of course,
rice.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-323-elaine-gan

*2- Mark Fisher:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher> As a
result of the decomposition of older forms of solidarity, people are made
to be increasingly responsible for themselves, or made to feel as if they
are responsible for themselves. In the UK now, the complaint that’s most
treated by the National Health Service is depression. Depression is a
political problem.*

This podcast is the result of a conversation with Mark Fisher
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher>in 2012
on crisis, insurrection, and the dangerous idea of capitalism as the only
conceivable container.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher

*3- César Rendueles:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-321-cesar-rendueles> "Defender la
imaginación política tiene que ver con nuestra capacidad de reinventar las
instituciones. Sin lugar a dudas hay instituciones que habría que destruir,
pero hay otras que se pueden reformar radicalmente y que de hecho sabemos
que se puede porque se ha hecho en el pasado." (only available in Spanish) *

We talk with César Rendueles
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-321-cesar-rendueles>about the myth of
universal connectivity and technological dystopia. We touch on
necropolitics, necroeconomics, and the importance of social ties in
processes of social change. We go into museums, libraries, and schools to
address the problems of public projects and the potential of egalitarian
socialization and political imagination. We broach life and the market,
work and care, health and business, meritocracy and privileges... to shed
light on our shared fragility and our collective obligation to think about
economics in a different way, accepting that we will never start from
scratch.

https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-321-cesar-rendueles

*4- Chris Cutler:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-282-auxiliaries> "Number
stations, which broadcast voices reciting numbers – generally understood to
be governments communicating with spies abroad – were, although familiar to
every shortwave enthusiast, never mentioned in public discourse, not even
in spy fiction."*

In this episode radios, gramophones and telephones are incorporated into
formal compositions, and find a new vocation as performing instruments,
while Wagner is re-orchestrated with power tools and a variety orchestra
communes with musical canteen equipment.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-282-auxiliaries

*5- **Professor Oyèwùmi:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi> "Part of what I
am doing is to historicize how gender became important in the colonies as
the result of the fact that the colonizers brought their ideas about
gender. That is the crook of the matter." *

In this podcast, Professor Oyèwùmi
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi> talks about
age, seniority, and respect, about unscrupulousness and academia,
dispossession and spirituality. She considers the oxymoron of the notion of
“single mother” from the point of view of Yoruba culture, and she also
notes how observance of community practices from non-Western cultures may
be an unnecessary step as we face the planetary challenges to come.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi

E/N/J/O/Y/
+
TAKE CARE!