[spectre] OPEN CALL for studio participants: Exploring New Academic Publication Formats

Plusea hannah at plusea.at
Fri Dec 31 16:03:52 CET 2021

How Tangible is TEI?

Exploring Swatches as a New Academic Publication Format

In the past years, we have seen new academic publication and presentation formats emerge such as Video, Pictorials, Art, Design and Performance tracks. However, these formats largely rely on imagery and writing for digital publication. In our Studio at the TEI Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction, we will explore the possibilities and potentials - as well as potential problems - of physical publication formats. In particular we are interested in the tangible-physical publication form of “Swatches”: a sample of work, reduced to an essence that can be multiplied and physically shared with others.

Interested?

Take a look at our Studio Proposal (PDF):
https://gtt.ufg.at/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/2021/12/tei22-55_preprint.pdf <https://gtt.ufg.at/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/2021/12/tei22-55_preprint.pdf>

and OPEN CALL FOR PARTICIPATION:
https://gtt.ufg.at/tei22-studio-open-call-new-publication-formats/ <https://gtt.ufg.at/tei22-studio-open-call-new-formats>
Deadline/submission of position paper: 12 January 2022 (AoE)
Studio dates: 11 & 18 February 2022 (online)

We look forward to hearing from you!
Hannah & Irene

* * *
Hannah Perner-Wilson, Ernst Busch University of Performing Arts Berlin, Germany <https://spielundobjekt.de/>Irene Posch, University of Art and Design Linz, Austria <https://gtt.ufg.at/>