[spectre] Melentie Pandilovski - Executive Director of Experimenta in Melbourne

Melentie Pandilovski melentie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 02:21:46 CEST 2021

Dear friends,

I would like to advise you that I have accepted a role as Executive
Director at *Experimenta *in Melbourne and that my last day with the
Riddoch and Council will be 27 August 2021.
I start with Experimenta on 30 August 2021.

Warmest regards,

Melentie Pandilovski

Experimenta Welcomes New Executive Director

Experimenta is delighted to announce the appointment of *Dr Melentie
Pandilovski *as Executive Director of Experimenta. Melentie will be joining
the Experimenta team from 30 August 2021.

Experimenta is delighted to announce the appointment of Dr Melentie
Pandilovski as Executive Director of Experimenta. Melentie will be joining
the Experimenta team from 30 August 2021.

Melentie has over twenty-five years of experience working in the arts in
Australia and internationally having led successful operations and managed
multidisciplinary teams in Australia, Canada and Europe. Most recently he
has been the Director of the Riddoch Art Gallery and Manager of Arts and
Cultural Development at the City of Mount Gambier, SA, since August 2016.
His knowledge of international as well as Australia’s art milieu including
incorporated, state, and regional art galleries will bring highly valued
experience to the national reach of Experimenta’s programs.

Melentie brings a wealth of leadership experience in the arts; before
taking up his position at Riddoch Art Gallery he was Director of Video Pool
Media Arts Centre in Winnipeg, Canada (2011-16). Previous to that he was
Director of the Visual Cultural Research Centre, Euro-Balkan Institute in
Skopje, Macedonia (2009-11); Director of the Experimental Art Foundation in
Adelaide, Australia (2003-2009), and the Contemporary Arts Centre in
Skopje, Macedonia (1998-2003). He has organised and curated more than 200
projects including exhibitions, symposia, conferences and workshops, in
Europe, Australia, Canada, and the U.S., such as: “International Limestone
Coast Video Art Festival”, in 2018 and 2020, “Contestable Bodies” STELARC,
in 2018/2019, Silent Cave|Bell, Olya Dubatova and Greg Niemeyer in 2018,
“The Rise of Bio-Society” in 2017, “Future – Future?” Keith Armstrong, in
2017, "The Institute of Fungus", Ian Haig, “Age of Catastrophe” in 2015;
“Toxicity” in 2013-14, “Marshall McLuhan & Vilém Flusser Communication &
Aesthetics Theories Revisited”, in 2012; “Biotech Art – Revisited” in 2009,
“SEAFair” (Skopje Electronic Art Fair) 1997 – 2011.

*Melentie said of his appointment,* “I am thrilled and honoured to be
joining Experimenta at this pivotal time, an organisation with a strong
international reputation for venturing in unique and uncharted territories.
Some of the things that attracted me to Experimenta are its deep commitment
to the development of the future of art, a culture of risk-taking, the
perseverance in supporting media artists, and the belief in the
transformative power of creativity. It is my great honour to work with
Experimenta's board, staff, volunteers, and collaborators”.

*Victoria Lynn, Experimenta Chair, said,* “We are looking forward to
Melentie bringing his extensive experience and enthusiasm to build on the
successes we have enjoyed over thirty-five years. We are very pleased that
Melentie will be leading the organisation in partnership with our Artistic
Director, Jonathan Parsons as Experimenta continues to support the work of
artists driven by technology, and lead the national dialogue about the
impact of technology on creativity today”.

Melentie is also an art theorist, historian, and writer. He was Editor of *Art
in the Biotech Era* (2008); *Energy, Biopolitics, Resistance Strategies and
Cultural Subversion* (2012); *The Apparatus of Life and Death* (2012). He
was Consultant Editor of Artlink’s *Bio Art: Life in the Anthropocene* and
wrote the essay “The Biotech Species” (2014); he was Co-Editor of *Marshall
McLuhan & Vilém Flusser Communication & Aesthetics Theories Revisited* (2015).
He has published the chapters: “Arts & Science – the Intersection
(re)engineered” in *A Companion to Curation*, Brad Buckley and John Conomos
(eds.), Wiley Blackwell (2019); “The Phenomenology of (Non)Habitual Spaces
for the Bioarts” in: *Naturally Postnatural—Catalyst: Jennifer Willet*, Ted
Hiebert (ed), Catalyst Book Series; “Perspectives on Living and Thinking
Vectors of the Anthropocene” *Found Sci* (2021) as well as “What lies
behind modern technology? The approaches of Marshall McLuhan and Vilém
Flusser”, *Fine Print*, Adelaide, South Australia (2018).

 Palgrave MacMillan will publish his book *The Rise of the Bio-Society* in
2022.

*Follow Us*

Twitter
<https://experimenta.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d68e4bd9146cd4de4ff2934c7&id=ea339e4dad&e=051f731178>
Facebook
<https://experimenta.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d68e4bd9146cd4de4ff2934c7&id=0cfbe4d65e&e=051f731178>
Instagram
<https://experimenta.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d68e4bd9146cd4de4ff2934c7&id=05aafcc2f2&e=051f731178>
Youtube
<https://experimenta.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d68e4bd9146cd4de4ff2934c7&id=e38ce44871&e=051f731178>
<https://experimenta.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d68e4bd9146cd4de4ff2934c7&id=947582fd0c&e=051f731178>
xperimenta.org
<https://experimenta.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d68e4bd9146cd4de4ff2934c7&id=3c9eb5c8ac&e=051f731178>

Experimenta acknowledges the Traditional Owners, the Wurundjeri and Boon
Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation, on whose land we meet, share and work.

https://experimenta.org/news/meet-our-new-executive-director/?fbclid=IwAR2SyQgNIWHUWLEToFzX2o4Wc1K_y2P0mdgRx8nrhs-OjdG-F9YCucY_rM0

_______________________
Dr Melentie Pandilovski
Director, Riddoch Arts & Cultural Centre
Manager of Arts & Cultural Development, City of Mount Gambier
1 Bay Road, Mount Gambier SA 5290
D  08 8721 2586  /  M  0419 552 820
PO Box 56 Mount Gambier SA 5290
www.mountgambier.sa.gov.au

Warning : this email is intended only for the addressee(s) and may contain
information that is confidential, subject to legal privilege, or protected
by copyright. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender
by reply email and delete this email from your system. You are not
permitted to use, reproduce or disclose the contents of this email. No
representation is made that this email is free of viruses. Virus scanning
is recommended and is the sole responsibility of the recipient. Thank you.