[spectre] New deleted scenes with political geographer and sound artist Anja Kanngieser

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 16:28:59 CEST 2020

New deleted scenes with political geographer and sound artist Anja
Kanngieser
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-314-anja-kanngieser-deleted-scenes>

Link:
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-314-anja-kanngieser-deleted-scenes

We dig up some unreleased fragments of our conversation with political
geographer and sound artist Anja Kanngieser
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-314-anja-kanngieser-deleted-scenes>
that we were unable to include the first time around.
Timeline:
00:01 Nothing brings me hope, but that doesn't mean that I am not happy. I
love being in the world!
02:34 A few thoughts on the bushfires in Australia: a pervasive colonial
relationship with the land.
10:34 The scale and speed of what needs to happen. Reality check: if change
was gonna come from governments, it would have come by now.
15:50 To deal with our legacy. Art as a tool to see who we are and the
responsabilities we have.
17:29 Having conversations with our children
21:53 Green consumerism is not the solution
27:37 Environments and landscapes make a particular sound
28:45 Sound affordances. On the difficulty of talking about sound.
30:47 The temporalities of academia
31:16 Keeping an archive
35:15 Data sonification. To go beyond the aesthetics.
41:21 The ambivalences of working with sound: a few more thoughts on the
tricky question of making things heard.
45:09 Sound and geography.
48:15 Expanded listening. Not only from the human-antropocentric
perspective.
*You can find our main feature with Anja Kanngieser here
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-314-anja-kanngieser>: *
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-314-anja-kanngieser

This podcast is part of Re-Imagine Europe, co-funded by the Creative Europe
programme of the European Union. Produced in collaboration with Sonic Acts.
E/N/J/O/Y!!!