[spectre] OPEN CALL: come study Technology and Play!

Plusea hannah at plusea.at
Sat May 2 12:55:14 CEST 2020

Come study eTextiles, media and new technologies in the context of play, theater, participatory performance, storytelling and material puppetry in Berlin!

* * *

Dear fellow technology makers and storytellers,

In march 2020 I started a new job as professor in the masters program Spiel&&Objekt <https://spielundobjekt.de//> (Play&&Object), situated in the contemporary puppetry <https://www.hfs-puppe.de/aktuelles> department of Berlin’s performing arts university Ernst Busch <https://www.hfs-berlin.de/>. It’s a new program and our first round of 7 students are currently working on their final projects.

Our open call <https://spielundobjekt.de/bewerbung/> for the next round of students is open now until May 18th!

It’s a 2-year Master of Arts program with courses <https://spielundobjekt.de/kurse/> in:
>> design&technology
>> practice based artistic research
>> speculative objects
>> social architecture
>> cultural management
>> theory & practice

The course contents I’m excited to prepare for future semesters include:

Here you can see and read a bit about who our permanent and visiting faculty <https://spielundobjekt.de/personen/> are.

Our blog and weekend readings <https://spielundobjekt.de/blog/> give an impression of the topics we discuss and the events we attend.

In this interview <https://spielundobjekt.de/2020/03/08/prof-hannah-perner-wilson/> I talk about my own motivations for joining the program and ideas for upcoming curriculum.

!The catch?
Since teaching takes place in a mix of German and English language, attending the program requires advanced german language skills (level B2).
You can find out more details about the application requirements and process here:

APPLICATION / BEWERBUNG >> spielundobjekt.de/bewerbung <https://spielundobjekt.de/bewerbung/>
* * *

please help spread the word by forwarding this email to individuals and mailing-lists. you can also re-toot and re-tweet our social media posts on twitter and mastodon if you like:

https://twitter.com/openPlusea/status/1256533078111117312 <https://twitter.com/openPlusea/status/1256533078111117312>
https://mastodon.social/web/statuses/104098430304661379 <https://mastodon.social/web/statuses/104098430304661379>
https://twitter.com/fkirschner/status/1252836262215483392 <https://twitter.com/fkirschner/status/1252836262215483392>
https://twitter.com/fkirschner/status/1239454318119583744