[spectre] SFSIA 2020 | Free On-line Public Lecture Series, Beginning Tuesday, July 14th, 2020

Warren Neidich Studio office at warrennedich.com
Sun Jul 12 17:40:39 CEST 2020

This email newsletter was sent to you in graphical HTML format.
If you're seeing this version, your email program prefers plain text emails.
You can read the original version online:
https://ymlps2.com/zTCluR

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Please excuse any cross-posting.
I wanted to make you aware of the Free Public Lecture series for this
summers' Saas-Fee Summer Institute of Art which  I founded and direct.
This year's on-line program looks at Care, Caring, and Repair in
Cognitive Capitalism. The Public Lecture series begins Tuesday July
14th, 2020. To attend please go to sfsia.clickmeeting.com (
https://sfsia.clickmeeting.com/ ) to see the entire program and sign
up. You need to pre-register. My lecture entitled, Telepathic
Exaptation in Late Cognitive Capitalism takes place on Tuesday at
11:30 am New York Time or 5:30 pm Berlin Time. It uses a speculative
and materialist approach to consider how we might develop a dedicated
neural structure for telepathy in response to the pressures of
accelerated technology in the twenty-first century. It combines
philosophy, anthropology, technology studies, performance, political
and cultural criticism, and cognitive neuroscience to develop this
approach. Please see the entire program below. Yours, Warren

Care, Caring and Repair in Cognitive Capitalism
SFSIA 2020 | Online Public Lecture Series
Building upon our past five year engagement with topics concerning
estrangement, individuation and collectivity in art and politics,
Saas-Fee Summer Institute of Art 2020 will address the present and
future conditions of our new pandemic reality, as well as the new
possibilities it may generate.

In the past twenty years, the techno-social-scientific revolution has
joined forces with neoliberal reformers to produce a generalized
crisis in empathy and thought. As this already global condition has
been further complicated by the coronavirus pandemic, we will
interweave four broad categories of care, caring and repair: (1)
Cognitive Capitalism and Affective Labor (2) Theory of Mind, Empathy
and its Psychopathologies (3) Class Consciousness and Solidarity (4)
Climate Change and Global Warming.

A central feature of SFSIA is a Public Lecture Series, which is free
and open to the public to invite conversation, debate, and inquiry
across communities. This year's public lectures will be presented
online.
All times Central European Time (CET/Berlin).
Register for all public lectures at: sfsia.clickmeeting.com (
https://art.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3e71be717245fca679dbe3c14&id=42245411a2&e=51e0955c0f
)

TUESDAY JULY 14
5:30pm Warren Neidich
WEDNESDAY JULY 15
5:30pm Vandana Shiva
THURSDAY JULY 16
5:30pm Bonaventure Soh Bejeng Ndikung
WEDNESDAY JULY 22
5:30pm Amelia Jones
THURSDAY JULY 23
5:30pm Chloë Bass
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 5
5:30pm Stefanie Hessler + Joan Jonas
THURSDAY AUGUST 6
6pm T.J. Demos
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 12
5:30pm Suely Rolnik
THURSDAY AUGUST 13
5:30pm Barry Schwabsky

Register here ( https://sfsia.clickmeeting.com )!

ABOUT SFSIA
Saas-Fee Summer Institute of Art (SFSIA) is a nomadic, intensive
summer academy with shifting programs in contemporary critical theory.
SFSIA stresses an interdisciplinary approach to understanding the
relationship between art and politics. Saas-Fee Summer Institute of
Art was founded and is directed by Warren Neidich and is co-directed
by Barry Schwabsky. Sarrita Hunn is the artistic coordinator.

Please see our website (
https://art.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3e71be717245fca679dbe3c14&id=63c4735740&e=51e0955c0f
) or contact info at sfsia.art for more information.
See our full list of events on facebook (
https://art.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3e71be717245fca679dbe3c14&id=7933812cf2&e=51e0955c0f
).

Copyright © 2020 Saas-Fee Summer Institute of Art, All rights
reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Saas-Fee Summer Institute of Art

5005 Exposition BoulevardLos Angeles, CA  90016
Add us to your address book (
https://art.us18.list-manage.com/vcard?u=3e71be717245fca679dbe3c14&id=e75ce4a34b
)