[spectre] iHUMAN – A political thriller about artificial intelligence

Marcela Okretič marcela at aksioma.org
Thu Jul 2 00:22:00 CEST 2020

Aksioma is proud to announce a new edition of Akcija! screening cycle:

iHUMAN

A political thriller about artificial intelligence

Directed by Tonje Hessen Schei

Produced by Jonathan Borge Lie for UpNorth Film

"Artificial intelligence will ultimately be the best thing ever to happen to humanity, or the worst thing ever.

That's why this is the most important conversation of our time."

LIVE STREAMING INTERVIEW

Thursday, 2 July 2020 at 5 PM (CET)

https://aksioma.org/akcija/

What impacts will the potential mass implementation of Artificial General Intelligence have on society?

Régine Debatty will talk with award-winning film Director Tonje Hessen Schei about iHuman, a documentary that explores super smart machines, social control, lack of transparency in decision-making and possible regulations

We kindly invite you to join us <https://aksioma.org/akcija/>  and share your thoughts, doubts and questions through the online chat.

-----

SCREENING / SLOVENIAN PREMIERE

Monday, 6 July 2020, at 6 and 8 pm (CET)

Kino Šiška, Ljubljana

𝗶𝗛𝗨𝗠𝗔𝗡 is a political thriller about artificial intelligence, power and social control. With unique deep access to the inside of the booming AI industry, this film shows how the most powerful and far-reaching technology of our time is changing our lives, our society and our future. The documentary follows pioneers at the frontline of the invisible AI revolution to see how this technology is developed and implemented. Through some of the brightest minds in the AI industry iHuman draws the roadmap to where we are going. Who punches in what codes for our future? How does AI impact who we are?

-----

> Tonje Hessen Schei is an award-winning documentary filmmaker, primarily interested in human rights issues, the environment and the changing relationship between man and machine. Her previous work, DRONE, a documentary on the secret CIA drone warfare, released in 2014, received many awards among which the one for The Most Valuable Documentary of the Year at Cinema for Peace in Berlin, the Norwegian Emmy for Best Documentary in 2015, and, in the same year, the Amanda award the Norwegian Oscar-equivalent.

> Régine Debatty is the founder of we-make-money-not-art, a blog which received 2 Webby awards and the honorary mention at the START Prize, known for exploring connections between art, science, technology, and social issues. She writes and lectures internationally about the way in which artists, hackers, and designers use technology as a medium for critical discussion.

-----

Organized by Aksioma – Institute for Contemporary Art, Ljubljana, 2020

in collaboration with the Center for Urban Culture Kino Šiška

Supported by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia and the Municipality of Ljubljana

Marcela Okretič

Aksioma | Institute for Contemporary Art, Ljubljana

Jakopičeva 11, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Aksioma | Project Space

Komenskega 18, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

tel.: + 386 – (0)590 54360