[spectre] SELPHISH : CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS Deadline January 30th

Thierry Fournier thierry at thierryfournier.net
Thu Jan 9 13:43:33 CET 2020

SELPHISH : CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
Mécènes du Sud Montpellier-Sète
www.selphish.me <http://www.selphish.me/>

SELPHISH / An Exhibition Of The Self is a group show curated by Thierry Fournier and Pau Waelder featuring new works by Martin John Callanan, Alix Desaubliaux, Lauren McCarthy, !Mediengruppe Bitnik. It will take place at Mécènes du sud Montpellier-Sète, 13 rue des Balances Montpellier, from March 12th to June 7th 2020.

We invite you to participate in the project, with your posts on social media!

Selphish addresses the self-exposure on the Internet, in every sense of the word, through four artworks created by four guest artists (Martin John Callanan, Alix Desaubliaux, Lauren Mc Carthy, and !Mediengruppe Bitnik). The project focuses on how everyone forms an image of the self online, and how their data reflect this. These 4 works will be renewed each week to form a portrait of a new person in the audience.

Please note: we prefer to avoid artists profiles solely dedicated to posting artworks. In order for you to participate, we will simply need to borrow images, videos and texts from your posts (only Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Google images), from the date of your choice. They will become the material for the four artworks during your "exhibition week" between March 12 and June 7. You do not need to live in Montpellier to participate.

Then the whole exhibition will be dedicated to TO YOU, JUST YOU AND ONLY YOU during a week! :-)

To participate, just send us an email at curatorial at selphish.me <mailto:curatorial at selphish.me>.
Deadline January 30th!
See you soon!

Thierry Fournier and Pau Waelder, curators

Selphish. An exhibition of the self
Mécènes du sud (Montpellier, FR)
Martin John Callanan, Alix Desaubliaux, Lauren McCarthy, !Mediengruppe Bitnik
March 12th – June 7th, 2020

Curators: Thierry Fournier and Pau Waelder