[spectre] Call for work for the spring 2020 collection - Undocumented events and object permanence

Bjørn Magnhildøen noemata at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 20:34:38 CET 2020

For those who read past the too long subject line :)

Undocumented events and object permanence

An online exhibition series and work in progress thematizing documentation,
conservation, (false) memory, (art) object, phenomenology, and blockchain
certification.

The exhibition series is chunked into a seasonal schedule around equinoxes
and solstices, a series both singular and plural as the noun. We're
currently gathering works for the Spring 2020 collection.
The deadline is 20 March.

Works called for can challenge documentation, preservation, perception,
memory, cognition, existence, potential, and the limitations of this
approach; the rear view and backside of these notions and their formless
aspects (neither form nor content) - their undermining, exploitable,
parasitic sense - as body, base materialism, horizontality, pulse, entropy,
cadaver, figure, gestalt, isotropy, joke, kitsch (to quote some already
well-known anti-categories); dank memes, Kantian conceptualism, Husserlian
descriptivism, experimental ontology, personal science, self-tracking,
anti-forensics. We'd also like to see how a proof-of-existence
functionality could form the basis of an experimental archiving practice.

Read more at
https://noemata.net/ueop/