[spectre] AGENTS FOR CHANGE | FACING THE ANTHROPOCENE exhibition

czegledy at interlog.com czegledy at interlog.com
Tue Feb 11 19:22:34 CET 2020

Dear All,

I am happy to announce

AGENTS FOR CHANGE | FACING THE ANTHROPOCENE
Curated by NINA CZEGLEDY AND JANE TINGLEY

CURATED BY NINA CZEGLEDY AND JANE TINGLEY
THEMUSEUM.ca, Ontario, Kitchener

Agents for Change | Facing the Anthropocene presents artworks by women
media artists working at the intersection of science, technology and art,
with a focus on ecological change?the greatest danger of our time.

Responding to the global recognition of the importance of the creative
voices and activism of women artists, this unique exhibition demonstrates
progress towards improving gender representation in the arts. Anthropocene
describes the current geological period during which human activity has
significantly influenced the climate and environment, compromising life on
the planet. The impact of environmental change has begun to affect everyone
?from rising sea levels, to intense heat waves, to the mass extinction of
the earth?s flora and fauna. Change is inevitable, but only by facing the
future and understanding
the challenges can we begin to become agents for change.

Selected artworks approach this complex topic by unpacking the lived
realities of humans on this earth, but also of the animals and insects
that we share it with. Canadian artists in the exhibition include Diane
Landry, Donna Legault, Maayke Schurer, Liz Miller, Elaine Whitaker.

Selected international artists: Kristine Diekman, Olga Kisseleva, Caro
McCaw/Vicki Smith, Rasa Smite/Raitis Smits, and Pinar Yoldas.

We are pleased to present Currents as part of the exhibition - an evening
screening of video works created by indigenous women artists at the
University of Waterloo?s Fine Arts Department.

Featured artists include Dana Claxton, Alethea Arnaquq-Bari, Shelley Niro,
Cara Mumford, Lisa Jackson, Amanda Strong, Helen Haig-Brown, and Vanessa
Dion Fletcher. Special thanks to collaborator Ivan Jurakic, curator of UWAG
for making the film program possible

Grateful thanks are also due to our assistant Zana Kozomora, along with the
hardworking staff at THEMUSEUM for bringing this show into being.
DeleteReply Forward RedirectView ThreadMessage SourceSave asPrintHeaders