[spectre] PIRATE CARE - Disruptive Fridays #3 – 17 April - 17:00 Berlin

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at disruptiv.biz
Tue Apr 14 13:40:59 CEST 2020

Dear all,

we would like to invite you to join our Disruptive Fridays #3: PIRATE
CARE, on 17 April 2020, 17:00 Berlin time!
The video & chat will be live at: disruptionlab.org/fridays

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The third edition of Disruption Network Lab’s new programme stream -
DISRUPTIVE FRIDAYS (live every Friday at 5pm Berlin time) features a
conversation between Valeria Graziano (Researcher, pirate.care) and
Elena Veljanovska (Disruption Network Lab).

We will speak about self-organized care initiatives in times of Corona.
pirate.care researches, gathers & nourishes initiatives which are taking
risks by operating in the narrow grey zones left open between different
care knowledges, institutions and laws. pirate.care is inviting all to
participate in an exploration of the mutual implications of care and
technology that dare questioning the ideology of private property, work
and metrics. Flatten the curve, grow the care: What are we learning from
Covid-19 is their curriculum that evolved with the Covid crisis. With
Valeria Graziano we will speak about using piracy as a political tool
for care and focus on the solidarity initiatives in Italy that are
serving as active caretakers since the outbreak of the crisis. We will
also talk about societal reorganization and what is the effect of the
crisis on women’s health and on vulnerable groups.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Follow us live on Friday April 17th at 5pm on our website
(disruptionlab.org), Twitter (@disruptberlin) or Facebook.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Speakers:

Valeria Graziano (Researcher, pirate.care, IT/UK)

Valeria Graziano is a research fellow at the Centre for Postdigital
Cultures, Coventry University (UK). Her work focuses on organisational
practices and tecnopolitical tools that foster the refusal of work, a
creativere distribution of social reproduction and the politicization of
pleasure. Together with Marcell Mars and Tomislav Medak, she is a
convenor of Pirate Care (https://pirate.care), a research project
focusing on forms of political activism at the intersection of “care”
and “piracy”, which are trying to intervene in the current crisis of
care in all its multiple and interconnected dimensions. The Pirate Care
Syllabus is a tool for supporting and activating collective processes of
learning from these practices (https://syllabus.pirate.care).

Elena Veljanovska (Senior project manager, Disruption Network Lab, MK/DE)
Elena Veljanovska is a senior project manager at the Disruption Network
Lab. From 2012 to 2019 she was the executive director and programme
curator at Kontrapunkt Skopje, where among other projects, with Iskra
Geshoska she co-developed the Festival for Critical Culture - CRIC
(founded in 2016). In 2006 she co-founded Line I+M Platform for New
Media Art and Technology, where she was the artistic director until
2010. Veljanovska has worked as a curator and cultural manager with
numerous organisations and artists.

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // Artistic Director
Disruption Network Lab