[spectre] TTT/Taboo Transgression Transcendence in art & science

Annick2 anikburo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 19:22:35 CET 2019

Dear Spectrites,

You may be interested by this call for the conference
TTT/Taboo Transgression Transcendence in Art & Science.

Best
Annick

TTT2020: Call for papers, posters and artist-talks
Taboo - Transgression - Transcendence in Art & Science 2020
Deadline for proposals: March 31, 2020
The University of Applied Arts, Vienna, Austria, 26–28
November 2020

The fourth international conference "Taboo - Transgression -
Transcendence in Art & Science" will take place November
26–28, 2020, in Austria, hosted by the University of Applied
Arts Vienna. Including theoretical and art practice
presentations, TTT2020 continues to focus (a) on questions
about the nature of the forbidden and aesthetics of
liminality as expressed in art that uses or is inspired by
technology and science, and (b) on the opening of spaces for
creative transformation in the merging of science and art.

What constitutes the unstable limits of what can be morally
and epistemically accepted should be read within the
historical horizons of cultures and circumstances. After
all, what seems outrageously transgressive at one moment in
time and from one perspective may eventually transcend into
a commonplace practice. As we experience and even endorse a
gradual, but substantial, de-centering away from
anthropocentric values and ontologies, critique potentially
harbors turmoil. Art practices pose critical questions about
our certainties; sciences and humanities constantly test our
limits and our ideas of worlds by pushing forward the
conditions in which knowledge is produced.

Developments in science and technology that seem to enhance
the borders of our experience of worlds and selves,
revealing sometimes the fragility of social values, should
be contemplated. Identities, ideologies, multiplicities,
worlds, and visions are accepted and rejected, invented and
destroyed: what are the forces behind and beyond? We propose
critique within transdiscipline, where science, arts, and
humanities meet in a research quest, in an attempt at
reframing and reconfiguring what there is. Through immersion
in the complex realm of limits and liminalities, one might
trace the historical and trans-subjective structures
filtering our experience of worlds, and ultimately open up
space for transformations through the interaction of art,
science, and the humanities.

Submissions are welcome from all art and research fields and
cutting-edge technology in arts-based research. Suggested,
but not exclusive topics, are those associated with:
Biopunk, hybridity and aesthetics of mutation; Cyborg,
augmentation and bοdy modification; Post-gender,
transgressive identities and social models;
Psychopharmacology, somatechnology, and post-humanism;
Chemistry of the mind, natural healers, and mind
enhancement; Biotechnology, DIYbio, and biohacking;
Ethology, human and nonhuman; Evolution, genetics, and
extended evolutionary synthesis; Cyber-eroticism, sex
technology, and techno-lust; Biopolitics, displacement, and
resistance. The conference language is English. Proposals
are submitted for consideration to the members of the
scientific and artistic committee.

Each proposal must include: abstract (which should be no
more than 500 words), presentation title,
author(s)/artist(s) name(s), affiliation(s), e-mail
address(es), up to 5 keywords, short CV / resumé
(approximately 150 words), type of presentation: paper,
poster or artist talk. Proposals for artist talks should
also include link(s) to documentation material (photos,
video, audio, etc.) or, in the case of proposals for poster
presentations, to the draft poster in pdf format A3 size
(29,7 × 42 cm) maximum 5 Mb / 200 dpi in CMYK colour mode.
Submissions must be sent electronically through the
EasyChair submissions system for the TTT2020 conference
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ttt2020

Website: ttt-conference.org <http://ttt-conference.org> |
email: av-ttt at ionio.gr <mailto:av-ttt at ionio.gr>