[spectre] Constallations #10 + Methodology

Annie Abrahams bram.org at gmail.com
Tue May 21 18:07:59 CEST 2019

If you happen to be in Brussels next Saturday, please join us. You will be
welcome!

"Constallations is devoid of a goal and has no predetermined path.
Constallations is what we are when we give up our personal objectives and,
when, based on our own history and skills, we tackle a challenge prepared
by one of the group.
Constallations is made of travels through things one doesn’t control, of
jumps in the void. Constallations is an exploration full of unexpected
discoveries.
Constallations is a learning tool / a practice radically open to everything.
Constallations is a concrete utopia – on a small scale, and temporary, it
must be said – but it is, and so carries a hope for a different society.
It’s a perspective.
Constallations is a path, an adventure, a chemistry, a soup that upsets
habits and creates links."

Text fragment from The Methodology of Constallations, that will be
available in English and French on the Constallations website after the
25th of June. <https://constallations.hotglue.me/>

One year ago we: the group 3G(enerations) Alix Desaubliaux, Pascale Barret
and Annie Abrahams, started a research project called Constallations. Using
challenges and surprises, we defied each other in nine sessions of what
Annie called contemporary net art, Pascale a non-binary inclusive
laboratory and Alix performative & collaborative explorations.

ISELP, Institut d’Art Contemporain, invited 3G to come to Brussels for
their 10th, this time real-life, session. <
https://iselp.be/fr/evenements/evenement-de-cloture-de-constallations>

Saturday, Mai 25, 16h you are welcome to meet the three artists and Sandra
Bébié-Valérian of OUDEIS at the Boulevard de Waterloo in Brussels.
Sandra will give a short talk where she analyses the project in the frame
of OUDEIS’ Autorama project. <http://www.oudeis.fr/autorama/>
Pascale, Alix and Annie will present their recently written Methodology of
Constallations* and will try to translate it’s essence to the real space of
the exhibition Waiting to blossom *Constallations by Pascale Barret.
Could be an object, a performance, a reading, a text, an installation …. or
a mix of all this.

Best Annie, Pascale and Alix