[spectre] Call for short films to be projected on Access Space in Sheffield city centre

Jake Harries jakeharries at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 14:22:47 CEST 2019

Call for short films to be projected on our building in city centre

On The Surface Of Things

Artists and film makers from the Sheffield region and beyond are invited to
submit short films for an outdoor screening event on the front of Access
Space's building during an exhibition opening in late September. The event
is themed around the climate crisis. Please see below for a full
description.
Films must be no more than 5 minutes long and in mp4 format.
Films must be reasonably high contrast. B&w is preferable (although not a
stipulation) due to the nature of the screening location. Note that we
won't be able to play any soundtrack.
Opening event Friday 20th Sept 2019, 7pm-10pm.

If you are interested in participating please email a link to the film to
jake at access-space.org before the 20th of August 2019.
Please note that unfortunately we have only a small budget for this
exhibition, so participation would be voluntary. All participating artists
will be credited in any printed material and online in all publicity.

On The Surface Of Things is an exhibition of artworks which relate to the
environment either through our dependency on it, our interactions with it,
or our experiences of it. It will be an action affiliated with Extinction
Rebellion Sheffield, in response to the declaration from Sheffield city
council of a climate emergency.
On The Surface Of Things will include paintings, sculpture, screen-based
work, films and small installations.

Curated by Sadie Renwick, Rachael Kidd and Access Space, the exhibition
aims to gather in one place a wide range of contemporary voices and
perspectives from the Sheffield region and beyond.

Opening event Friday 20th Sept 2019, 7pm-10pm.
The exhibition will run in Access Space's main space from Saturday 21st
September to Friday 4th October, Tuesday to Saturday, 11am-6pm. Entry is
free, all welcome.

For more info email jake at access-space.org

Access Space is an arts and education charity located in Sheffield city
centre.
www.access-space.org 0114 249 5522
Access Space, Unit 1, AVEC Building, 3-7 Sidney Street, Sheffield, S1 4RG

The arts programme at Access Space is supported with public funding by the
National Lottery through Arts Council England.

--

All the best
Jake

Jake Harries, Director of Arts and Innovation
www.access-space.org  +44(0)114 249 5522
@accessspace facebook.com/accessspace
3-7 Sidney St, Sheffield, S1 4RG, UK
jake at access-space.org