[spectre] Septembre 26th - LASER Paris at the Centquatre

Annick2 anikburo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 13:02:41 CEST 2019

Dear Spectrites,

 From Roscoff to Space via Mars, this is our ride for the
next LASER Paris on September 26th at the Centquatre.

Here below, full details, come and join us !
Best
Annick

"Extra terrestrial Atmospheres"
LASER Paris at the 104factory
5 rue Curial, 75019 Paris
salon de l'incubateur 104factory
19h00 à 21h00 (doors open at 18h30)

http://www.olats.org/laser/laser.php

with Marie-Julie Bourgeois, Barthélemy Antoine-Lœff, Cédric
Pilorget, Ewen Chardronnet & Xavier Bailly.

Free admission in the limit of available seats, registration
required.
NOTE : the room has a limited capacity. Entrance will be on
first arrived, first served basis. However, for security
reasons we need pre-registration.
https://tinyurl.com/y474u5c7

and we start on time!
LASER Paris takes place in French

Programme

	> Marie-Julie Bourgeois, Barthélemy Antoine-Lœff (artists)
& Cédric Pilorget (astrophysicist and teacher at Université
Paris-Sud, Institut d’Astrophysique Spatiale (IAS),
CNRS/Université Paris-Sud) //

	"And if the sky was falling upon us?" about the project Nos
météores
	(project supported by La Diagonale Paris-Saclay)
Those beautiful shooting stars that we love trying to spot
during August night sky are meteorites, burning when
entering our atmosphere. But, they might also be some parts
of a satellite falling back on Earth .... This August, it
has also been night during the day in São Paulo ...
Human pollution has reached the Earth orbit, climate change
is underway, and studies for other celestial bodies
geo-engineering has started.
Under the title Nos météores the artists Marie-Julie
Bourgeois and Barthélemy Antoine-Lœff are proposing several
projects in collaboration with scientists among which what
they call "atmospheric fictions" based on the real climat of
other planets, including Mars with the astrophysicist Cédric
Pilorget, in an attempt to poetically repair our climat.

	> Ewen Chardronnet (artist, writer, journalist and curator)
and Xavier Bailly (CNRS research engineer at the Roscoff
Biological Station, directs the M3 Multicellular Marine
Models laboratory) //
	"Life at the edge" about the project Roscosmoe
It is almost a whole zoo that has been launched into outer
space.
The Roscosmoe project, at the intersection of marine
biology, design anthropology of science and art, intends to
take on board Symsagittifera roscoffensis. This marine worm
from the Breton coastline, a "plant-animal" 3 to 4 mm long,
actually lives in symbiosis with a micro algae which it
shelters under its epidermis and which supplies the
essential of its nutritive needs via its photosynthethis.
The biology of S. roscoffensis makes this marine species a
potential model for the development of bio-regenerative
life-support systems applied to space research: oxygen
production, recycling of CO2 and waste nitrogen metabolism
from the animal by hosted micro-algae, regenerative
capacities of tissues energy autonomy ("embedded
photosynthesis").
Should we be dreaming of an algae-worm as a companion to
watch the sunset at the Earth-Space edge?

 > Moderation : Annick Bureaud

 > During the break : Audience announcements

 > Drinks and snacks after the presentations

LASER Paris is co-organized by Leonardo/Olats (www.olats.org
and La Diagonale Paris-Saclay
(http://www.ladiagonale-paris-saclay.fr) in collaboration
with the hosting venue, 104factory (https://www.104factory.fr)

LASER Paris is supported by the Daniel and Nina Carasso
Foundation. (https://www.fondationcarasso.org/)

Next LASER Paris