[spectre] New podcast: Conversation with Bernard Stiegler

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 17:10:51 CEST 2019

*New podcast: *In this podcast, Bernard Stiegler
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/bernard-stiegler/capsula> talks about
education and smartphones, translations and linguists, about economic war,
climate change, and political stupidity. We also chat about pharmacology
and organology, about the erosion of biodiversity, the vital importance of
error, and the Neganthropocene as a desirable goal to work towards, ready
to be constructed.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/bernard-stiegler/capsula

Author of a long list of books on technics, industry, and the
proletarianisation of knowledge, Bernard Stiegler
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/bernard-stiegler/capsula> (b. 1952, France)
is the head of the Institut de Recherche et d'Innovation (IRI) at Centre
Georges-Pompidou in Paris. He is also the founder of the interdisciplinary
working group Ars Industrialis, which explores technologies of the mind,
and of the philosophy school pharmakon.fr, based in the tiny French rural
commune of Épineuil-le-Fleuriel.

In his books and lectures, Stiegler presents a broad philosophical approach
in which technology becomes the starting point for thinking about living
together and individual fulfilment. All technology has the power to
increase entropy in the world, and also to reduce it: it is potentially a
poison or cure, depending on our ability to distil beneficial, non-toxic
effects through its use. Based on this premise, Stiegler proposes a new
model of knowledge and a large-scale contributive economy to coordinate an
alliance between social agents such as academia, politics, business, and
banks. The goal, he says, is to create a collective intelligence capable of
reversing the planet's self-destructive course, and to develop a plan –
within an urgent ten-year time-frame – with solutions to the challenges of
the Anthropocene, robotics, and the increasing quantification of life.

*This podcast is part of Re-Imagine Europe, co-funded by the Creative
Europe programme of the European Union. Library music produced by Roc
Jiménez de Cisneros and Stephen Sharp at Ina/GRM (Paris). Interview by
Antonio Gagliano. Produced by Antonio Gagliano.*

*Timeline*
*00:00* Contributory economy: work vs proletarianization
*05:21* Our main organs are outside of our body
*07:45* Reading and writing compose the republic
*12:49* Refounding Knowledge
*15:03* Digital pharmakon
*18:28* Contributory research. Neganthropy, biodiversity and
diversification
*24:02* The need of an economic peace
*27:24* The limits of micropolitics
*29:32 *Macroeconomics and Neganthropic bifurcation
*36:55* Libido is fidelity
*42:33* A pharmacological critique of acceleration
*46:35* Degrowth is the wrong question

E/N/J/O/Y