[spectre] OPEN CALL: The Augmented Attention Lab

Marcello marcello.lussana at hu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 8 16:09:28 CEST 2019

OPEN CALL: The Augmented Attention Lab, 3-6 June in Bratislava (deadline
Apr 15)

Join us in Bratislava this summer for The Augmented Attention Lab, a
4-day pressure cooker that brings together a mix of practitioners from
creative technology, music, art & design, consciousness research,
anthropology and ecology to prototype new work that transforms and
fine-tunes our attention towards sensing different types of change
within the environment.

For this edition of the lab we'll explore the subject by looking at
qualitative methods such as ‘microphenomenology’, which is used to zoom
in on the fine gradients of human experience of the world, as well as
explore ways of ‘hacking’ sensory perception, through exercises and
field trips within the city of Bratislava and beyond. We invite makers
to come together to build new wearable/portable tools and develop
sensory practices, that "augment" the body in order to sense
environmental changes, happening at the threshold of the human sensory
spectrum.

The deadline for applications is April 15! Please pass the call around
to anyone who you think would benefit from joining the lab.

https://sensorycartographies.info/2019/04/02/open-call-the-augmented-attention-lab-at-sensorium-festival-bratislava-3-6-june/