[spectre] New podcast: Goodiepal talks about art's failure to have real impact

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:57:10 CEST 2018

*New podcast:* Goodiepal
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/goodiepal-and-pals/capsula> plays a
borrowed Casiotone VL-1 VL-Tone and we talk about art's failure to have
real impact, the best place to hide stuff, contracts and hacks, double
standards in Europe, creativity in sheer survival strategies, Climate
refugees, genocides in the making, modern afro-futurism, Radical Computer
Music and circuit bending.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/goodiepal-and-pals/capsula

The Dane Goodiepal has invested all his time and energy in avoiding
stereotypes and expectations. His crusade for radical pedagogy and sci-fi
speculation with graphical notation so as not to bore the artificial
intelligence to come, is now going through a more political phase. Even
more than when he decided to drastically cut his carbon footprint and built
Kommunal Komputer Klon 2, a customised bike -now part of the SMK
Collection- that he used as his only means for travelling, when he was
booked for his talks, concerts, workshops or whatever.

In 2016, the ‘trickster’s trickster’ announced on the networks that he was
‘too old to perform on his own’, so he created a new group, together with
Oliver Laumann, Dønny Fortrængning, Nynne Roberta Pedersen Pedersen 1 &
Nynne Roberta Pedersen 2, Sara Nigard Rosendal and others, mostly active in
Germany, Scandinavia and the Balkans. In this new format, art gives room to
activism, with interventions in refugee camps, stopping deportations and
other hacks of the system.

*Music commissioned to Goodiepal & Pals. Editing by Anna Ramos.*

*Timeline*

*00:00* Radical Computer Music is alive

*00:03* A supercool keyboard

*00:07* I will only answer in rap style

*00:07* I’m old and it's a great age to go political

*00:13* Getting political is easy

*00:15* The band

*00:16* Loud music

*00:18* Looking at refugees

*00:23* The artist is present

*00:27* Change your statement

*00:29* The refugee crisis

*00:32* Ideas for the few

*00:36*Band ethics

*00:41* Passports

*00:43* I have a good credit card history

*00:45* Extended hacking

*00:48* National Gallery of Denmark: SMK

*00:55* Survival mode is creativity

*00:58* The forest

*01:05:03* The feeling that art has nothing to do with reality

*01:09:34* Remember to make children

*01:11:13* I’m starting with the man in the mirror

*01:14:18*Moria Camp

*01:17:18* Goofy stereotypes

*01:19:51* Afro-futurism, Irdial-Discs, Akin Fernandez

*01:25:43* Old gear, cheap gear, historical gear

*01:30:56* Circuit bent instruments (are the future)

E/N/J/O/Y!