[spectre] Berl's Poetry

Séamas Cain seamascain at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:48:03 CET 2018

Join us for a Tuesday night workshop at New York's only all poetry
bookstore!

Berl's Poetry Shop,
141 Front Street,
Brooklyn, New York,
  11201

http://www.berlspoetry.com

We're thrilled to announce that starting March 20, we're launching a weekly
Tuesday night poetry class here in the shop led by our own Farrah Field!

Our first, Class #10, will be a five week workshop and we plan to discuss
some great recent books including “PLAY DEAD” by francine j. harris, “THE
CUMULUS EFFECT” by J. Mae Barizo, “DAYS AND WORKS” by Rachel Blau
DuPlessis, “playing monster :: seiche” by Diana Arterian and “SERENADE” by
Brooke Ellsworth.

We are excited as well to be debuting on our walls a new exhibition:
“EMPTY QUARTER” by Rawaan Alkhatib!

We've just installed the artwork and it will officially launch in
conjunction with the book release reading on 3/14 for Callie Garnett's new
chapbook “ON KNOWINGNESS” (The Song Cave).

Rawaan's vivid and beautiful art, which she describes as a “travelogue of
interconnected paintings and poems,” will remain on display for the next
few months so come check it out soon!

Wednesday, March 14, 7:00 p.m.;
Book launch for Callie Garnett's “ON KNOWINGNESS” (The Song Cave),
also featuring Bridget Talone and Rawaan Alkhatib ...

Thursday, March 15, 7:00 p.m.; An Anomalous Press/Anomaly
reading with Stevie Edwards and others ...

Friday, March 16, 7:00 p.m.;
“A No, Dear Poets who Love Poets Reading” ...

Saturday, March 17, 3:00 p.m.;
Matthew Henriksen, Jasmine Dreame Wagner, Amish Trivedi and others ...

Saturday, March 17, 7:00 p.m.;
Book launch of L.B. Williams's “IN THE EARLY MORNING CALLING” (Finishing
Line Press) ...