[spectre] Warren Neidich, The Color of Politics - Book Launch at Babette Berlin June 25th 7pm

Warren Neidich Studio office at warrennedich.com
Thu Jun 21 06:18:31 CEST 2018

This email newsletter was sent to you in graphical HTML format.
If you're seeing this version, your email program prefers plain text emails.
You can read the original version online:
https://ymlpsend5.com/zBQW4x

Dear Friends,
If you are in Berlin please join me for the launch of my new book The
Color of Politics published by Bom Dia Books. It features the works I
exhibited at the Kunstverein Rosa-Luxemburg Platz Berlin, Pizzagate
(http://www.warrenneidich.com/color-of-politics/ ) and The Statisticon
Neon ( http://www.warrenneidich.com/the-statisticon-neon-2017/)

Pizzagate is presently on display at Priska Pasquer Gallery in
Cologne, Germany (
https://www.artsy.net/show/priska-pasquer-warren-neidich-neuromacht-noise-and-the-possibility-of-a-future
(
https://www.artsy.net/show/priska-pasquer-warren-neidich-neuromacht-noise-and-the-possibility-of-a-future
) )

As you can see from below, we will have a DJ and Drinks starting at
7pm at Bar Babette, Karl-Marx-Allee 36 , 10178 Berlin
Hope to see you there.

Warren

☼ Two exciting Book Launches Are Coming Up! ☼

Haegue Yang VIP’s Union 2001–2018 June 23rd @ ELGARAFI BOM DIA (
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Solmsstra%C3%9Fe+27,+10961+Berlin/@52.4897643,13.3897268,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47a84fd80680ee9d:0xf573e5838f8a1160!8m2!3d52.4897643!4d13.3919155?hl=pt-PT
)   Warren Neidich The Color Of Politics June 25th @ Bar Babette (
http://www.barbabette.com/ )

HAEGUE YANG
VIP’S UNION 2001–2018

Come Join Us For The Book Launch At Our New Space ELGARAFI BOM DIA. (
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Solmsstra%C3%9Fe+27,+10961+Berlin/@52.4897643,13.3897268,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47a84fd80680ee9d:0xf573e5838f8a1160!8m2!3d52.4897643!4d13.3919155?hl=pt-PT
) Fresh Coconuts And Untempered Chocolate Will Be Provided.

ELGARAFI BOM DIA
SOLMSSTR. 27
10961 BERLIN

Saturday, June 23
4-7 Pm

This Book Is Printed On The Occasion Of Haegue Yang’s Nine-month
Presentation Of VIP’s Union at Kunsthaus Graz (
https://www.museum-joanneum.at/en/kunsthaus-graz/exhibitions/exhibitions/events/event/5661/haegue-yang-3
). The Exhibition Unfolded In Two Phases: Phase I involved Furniture,
Loaned By Private Individuals, Which Was Widely Used Throughout The
Building; Phase II collected And Presented The Objects In One Of The
Exhibitions Spaces, Altering Their Status From (usable) Furniture To
Exhibits. VIP’s Union at Kunsthaus Graz Followed Mutations Of The
Project At Art Forum Berlin (2001), Arnolfini, Bristol (2011), M HKA
– Museum Of Contemporary Art Antwerp (2014), Bonner Kunstverein,
Bonn (2014), And Leeum, Samsung Museum Of Art, Seoul (2015). A
Genealogy; Reference Projects; Texts By Nav Haq, Katrin Bucher
Trantow, And Barbara Steiner; And A Conversation With Haegue Yang
Provide Multiple Views On The Nature And Evolution Of The Project Over
The Years.

WARREN NEIDICH
THE COLOR OF POLITICS

Neons And Drinks Are On the Menu For This Book Launch Taking Place At
The Peculiar Bar Babette ( http://www.barbabette.com/ ), A Former
Beauty Salon Built In The GDR In 1960.

BAR KOSMETIKSALON BABETTE ( HTTP://WWW.BARBABETTE.COM/ )
KARL-MARX-ALLEE 36
10178 BERLIN

Monday, June 25
7 Pm

This Publication Is Based On The exhibition (
http://www.warrenneidich.com/color-of-politics/ ) of The Same Name
Hosted By The Verein Zur Förderung Von Kunst Und Kultur Am
Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz E.V., Berlin, April 28 to June 24/August 19,
2017. Accompanying The Two Major Neon Sculptural Installations From
That Exhibition, The Statisticon Neon and Pizzagate, It Is An Analysis
Of The Emerging Political Conditions Of Late-stage Cognitive
Capitalism, Conditions In Which The Brain And Mind Exist As The
Factories Of The 21st Century. Of Particular Interest In This Analysis
Is The Brain’s Neural Plasticity, And The Role Of New Technologies
In Harnessing Its Potential. Also Crucial Is The Role Of Art In
Creating New, Distinctive Methods, Atmospheres, And Intensities With
Which To Thwart New Methodologies Of Subsumption.