[spectre] Thomas Cheneseau at the Widget Art Gallery. January 20 - March 20 2018

Chiara Passa chiarapassa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 13:22:50 CET 2018

Dear friends & colleagues,

Happy new year!
I am proud to let you know the Widget Art Gallery hosts from January 20 to March 20 2018 a Gif-Artwork by French artist Thomas Cheneseau.
The Widget Art Gallery http://www.chiarapassa.it/wag is a Web-App cross-device, just save the WAG's icon on your mobile!
Always available the osx-dashboard WAG version at http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html
Enjoy the show!

Best regards, Chiara Passa

About the WAG:

Due to our needs that seem to be increasingly handheld, WAG was born on 2009! The Widget Art Gallery is a pioneering-format I made to show digital art. The WAG is a mini single art gallery room fitting into people's pocket that every month hosts a solo digital art exhibition related to its dynamic site-specific context. So the WAG works both as a sort of kunsthall showing temporary exhibitions and also as museum conserving all the past shows inside an online archive that creates a permanent collection.
WAG website http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html

About the SHOW:

Thomas Cheneseau’s artistic research explores the question of the social networks and the digital identity under the angle of the artistic diversion.
Cheneseau pursues a work of sharing through artistic communities 2.0, producing series of animated images, videos and on-line performance.
For the Widget Art Gallery Cheneseau worked using an App on his device - rather than a software on pc - respecting the identity of the WAG itself, in order to create a perceptive noise of the room. By transparency and deformation of the angles of the WAG interior architecture, the gif-animation draws another vision of the showroom space.

Thomas Cheneseau lives and works in Paris https://facebookfeedback.blog/

--
Chiara Passa - visual artist
chiarapassa at gmail.com