[spectre] Interesting workshops and research opportunities

Tom Kohut thenewennui at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 14:53:50 CET 2018

Hello everyone

These sessions at Plug In ICA in Winnipeg, Canada might be of interest to Spectre-denizens. These sessions are open to anyone interested in applying and gather together a dynamic group of artists, designers, architects, writers, researchers, instructors and guest lecturers. I strongly recommend people who are interested to click the links below:

Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art | Summer Institutes 2018 | International Call for Participants: DIS Magazine & BUSH gallery

Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art is honoured to announce two exciting opportunities for our 2018 Summer Institute post-graduate research program.

Session I, June 25 - July 6, 2018: “Thumbs that Type and Swipe: The DIS Edutainment Network” with acclaimed curatorial and media artists, DIS, facilitated by Marco Roso and collaborators. Application deadline: March 5, 2018

Session II, August 6-24, 2018: “Site/ation”: BUSH gallery facilitated by celebrated trio of artists, writers, educators and curators, Tania Willard, Peter Morin, and Gabrielle L’Hirondelle Hill. Application deadline: March 10, 2018

Both sessions are invested in alternative frameworks and sites for curatorial and exhibition research and practice; with corollary interests in labour, including systems of value and exchange.

[BTW, I’ve cross-posted this info to a few mailing lists. I hope it isn’t too annoying. ]

Tom

---
http://www.avg.com