[spectre] Drone Cinema Film Festival - call for works

coletron coletron at orange.fr
Mon Oct 9 15:48:40 CEST 2017

good !

> Message du 09/10/17 15:38
> De : "Franck Ancel"
> A : "Kim Cascone"
> Copie à : spectre at mikrolisten.de
> Objet : Re: [spectre] Drone Cinema Film Festival - call for works

Enjoy this date in Paris! https://www.eventbrite.fr/e/billets-rouge-vert-bleu-38137604602

Drone Cinema Film Festival 2018
> ~ Call for Entries ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1T5fEi2h_2epKs6vu1YmdxnukFtgwuQDVF0eWndX73DM/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drone Cinema Film Festival, a non-competitive curated film festival, seeks entries for the fourth edition of the festival to take place in 2018.

We seek independent, unique and compelling work in film, experimental video and animation. All interested filmmakers and sound/media artists are encouraged to submit work for consideration.
This Year's Theme: “LUNAR - SILVER”
Up until the 2017 edition of the festival we have not had a theme. For the second year in a row we're going to select a theme that artists can use as a palette or foundation to work from. This year’s theme is “LUNAR - SILVER.” Any all all aspects of the material/lunar concepts are offered: colors, metaphors, or any other significance the moon and silver can conjure.
Please keep in mind that this theme is to be used as the of basis for a visual representation of a sonic musical drone which is explained below. All films submitted must adhere to this theme or will not be considered.
The Drone
The drone forms the basis of much world music, from Early Music to Ragas to American Primitive Folk Music to experimental music, the sonic drone transports the viewer to a space that exists outside of time, inducing a transcendental state of consciousness and visions of ancient exotic landscapes infused with esoteric philosophies; or, anywhere the listener's imagination is liable to take them.
On the surface Drone Cinema shares similar qualities with Slow Cinema, Structuralism & Minimalism, but Drone Cinema eschews narrative altogether and instead focuses on micro-movements within the frame: monotonal structures, monochromatic radiations, hypnotic ganzfelds, emanations from the cracks in the world, slowly changing blur fields, light beams filled with particles of dancing dust -- i.e., tiny visual nuances that go unnoticed by the casual observer.
If you are a fan of Earth, La Monte Young, Tony Conrad, Phil Niblock, Terry Riley, Glenn Branca, Eliane Radigue, Indian Classical Music, Early Music or other drone oriented musics then it's obvious you know what drones *sound* like, the point is: we want to know what you think drones *look* like.
Looking forward to viewing your work,