[spectre] Data Mercenaries: data guerrilla in the age of cognitive warfare // Workshop SPEKTRUM (Berlin)

Joana Moll joanamoll at gmail.com
Tue May 16 13:29:56 CEST 2017

Dear all,

We are happy to announce our next workshop at SPEKTRUM [Berlin]:

"Data Mercenaries: data guerrilla in the age of cognitive warfare"

Algorithms unfold as key agents in the construction and operation of
surveillance capitalism, becoming powerful autonomous governance
entities invisible to the eyes of the global citizenship. Despite of its
crucial role in processing and executing most of our society's daily
individual and collective transactions, we have very little information
on the design and functionality of this ubiquitous intangible agents and
about the deep social, economical and emotional implications that its
actions have over our day to day lives.

This two-day workshop aims at revealing, connecting and understanding
the many actors that come together in the configuration of the
surveillance capitalism ecosystem by forensically analyzing the way
governmental agencies and corporations take over networks and algorithms
in order to surveil, profile and control millions of citizens on a
regular basis.

Workshop holders: Joana Moll / Ramon Sanguesa