[spectre] [Bioartsociety] SPLICE Exhibition - 20th May to 12th November 2017, Oulu Museum of Art / Finland

eb eb at randomseed.org
Wed May 10 15:18:23 CEST 2017

Dear friends and colleagues,

we will open our new exhibition SPLICE on May 19th at the
Oulu Museum of Art in Oulu / Finland.

You will find more information about the exhibition below
and on our website https://bioartsociety.fi/projects/splice

Best wishes

Erich Berger
Director, Bioartsociety
https://bioartsociety.fi

---

SPLICE
Re-examining Nature

20 May to 12 November 2017, Oulu Museum of Art / Finland

SPLICE – an international art exhibition curated by Nina Czegledy in collaboration with the
Bioartsociety and produced in partnership with the Oulu Museum of Art focuses on our changing
environment and relationship to Nature. Since time immemorial, we have admired the fundamental order
of Nature when looking for inspiration, interpretation and explanations. In more recent times,
developments both intentional and unintentional have shaped our physical environment as well as our
collective mindscape. This gradual transformation brings together existing and emerging ideas,
beings and phenomena, creating unexpected possibilities and connections. The paradigm shifts also
create new challenges for artists who question and comment on these issues through their
works. SPLICE examines established concepts of the environment, the processes influencing the
ongoing changes as well as the emerging personal and collective notions about Nature. The exhibition
presents crossover works from contemporary perspectives, revealing current interpretations of the
world we live in.

SPLICE features artworks by the following artists: Lauri Anttila (FIN), Risto-Pekka Blom (FIN),
Alexandra Daisy Ginsberg (UK) & Sacha Pohflepp (GER), Antye Greie (FIN/GER), Ilkka Halso (FIN),
Kalle Hamm (FIN), Pekka & Teija Isorättyä (FIN), Tellervo Kalleinen & Oliver Kochta-Kalleinen (FIN),
Antero Kare (FIN), Olga Kisseleva (RUS), Carolin Koss (FIN/GER), Mia Mäkelä (FIN), Agnes Meyer-
Brandis (GER), Tuula Närhinen (FIN), Kira O'Reilly (IRE), Anu Osva (FIN), Johanna Rotko (FIN), Tibor
Szemző (HUN), Leena Valkeapää & Oula A. Valkeapää (FIN) and Jana Winderen (N).

The SPLICE exhibition opens on Friday, May 19, 2017, 17-19h with a performance by Kira O'Reilly
followed next day, May 20, 2017 from 10 to 15h with an open conference at the Oulu Museum of Art.
Invited keynote speaker: anthropologist/archaeologist Judith van der Elst (NL), Professor Seppo
Vainio, University of Oulu and exhibiting artists. Thematically linked events include workshops;
artist interviews and guided tours further illuminating the SPLICE concepts.

Welcome!

The exhibition and the special events are supported by Finnish Cultural Foundation, University of
Oulu (Genes and Society Argumenta Project), Arts Promotion Centre Finland and AV-arkki

https://bioartsociety.fi/projects/splice